Big Hero 6 (Disney/Marvel 2015)

Started by Rocketeer, May 22, 2014, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Here's the teaser trailer for Disney's next animated feature.

http://youtu.be/vco0SpSz17g

"Big Hero 6" is an action-packed comedy-adventure about robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who learns to harness his genius—thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go Go Tamago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to his closest companion - a robot named Baymax - and transforms the group into a band of high-tech heroes determined to solve the mystery. Inspired by the Marvel comics of the same name, and featuring comic-book style action, "Big Hero 6" is directed by Don Hall ("Winnie the Pooh") and Chris Williams ("Bolt"), and produced by Roy Conli ("Tangled").

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

Disney & More blog has the character posters of the 6, including the sort of controversial Rapunzel look-a-like HoneyLemon.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/six-new-characters-posters-for-big-hero.html

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

HildeKitten

I've not seen it yet as it's not out here 'till next week.
So next week, I am definitely going to see it.
It looks pretty fun from the trailers so hopefully it'll be as good as it seems :)

Alexz

One of the best animated movies I have ever seen! Watched it yesterday and I can absolutely recommend it to everyone. The animation is beautiful and the characters is really well-made.
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

seraphelle

Fantastic film, me and the kids have been doing the fist-bump from the film repeatedlly ever since we watched it  ;D Lots of fun  :D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

andrewuk

Got to say I absolutely loved it.  ;D Hope there is some kind of presence at DLP when we go. Would love to meet Baymax!
Here's the catchy song from Fall Out Boy:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l9PxOanFjxQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

CafeFantasia

Earlier on this year, in January 2015, I was fortunate enough to see a preview of Big Hero 6, in London, featuring Roy Conli (producer) and Don Hall (co-director) who were there actually in the cinema with us! It was so cool and we learnt so much about how the film was made.

I wrote an article about it, to share my experience. I hope you guys enjoy reading it. As usual, feel free to "leave a note" on it if you have anything to add, or any questions.  :)

An Afternoon with Disney's Big Hero 6
https://medium.com/@CafeFantasia/an-afternoon-with-disneys-big-hero-6-3854f9d4a4b

Mileto

It was a pleasure to read your article, CafeFantasia! Thanks for sharing!
I love the film and it's idea!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

CafeFantasia

Hey, thank you very much. And thanks for taking the time to read it.  :)

I love the film too. It perhaps doesn't feel as "Disney" as Tangled or Frozen, because it's not a fairytale musical. But it's just a fantastic piece of filmmaking.