Trip Report 11th - 16th March

Started by Anonymous, March 17, 2007, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The Princess Parade - 15th March, 2007.

To infinity and beyond!

It's a whale of a tale!

Anonymous

I've finally got around to uploading my final pictures from the last day of my, well, now not so recent, trip to DLRP.

These pictures were all from my last day on the 16th March.

The marvellous Bear statues in the Sequoia Lodge reception:-

After absolutely stunning weather all week, this final day started out extremely misty. There was a thick, heavy mist in the air.

On entering the Disneyland Park for I encountered the king of the swingers himself, King Louie:-

Mickey's pooch!

I then made my way to Frontier Land, planning to get a fast pass for BTM and to ride the Mark Twain for the first time ever on a trip to DLRP. The mist was really heavy around here, which made the journey around the mountain very atmospheric and gave me some interesting photo's. Particularly effective were the shots of Phantom Manor looming out of the fog:-

Headed to Discoveryland to collect tickets for The Lion King show, and got a rear shot of the X-Wing thundering by! This was my last day so I was basically covering all my favourite attractions again, and picking up on the odd things I'd still not gotten around to.

Headed back to Frontierland to use my BTM Fastpass. Passing the castle on the way, and Alice was kind enough to pose for a photo!

A few more final shots around the park, and over in WDS:-

Back in Disneyland for the last time!  :cry:

The crowds around Jack Sparrow were horrendous! Imagine if it had been the real Captain Jack? No, not Harkness - Sparrow!!!

Which brings us to the Princess Parade of the 16th March. Looking at these pics again today, it finally dawned on me that this was the last time I'd ever see this parade, which made me feel a bit sad!  :cry:

But I really think in these last few shows through March, they pulled out all the stops to put on a fantastic parade everyday. I saw the parade everyday for a 5 day period, and it was fantastic, one of the highlights of the day. Although I'll be sad not to see this again, I'm looking forward to seeing the new parade in a few months time.

Pics will follow for the Princess Parade - as Image Shack appears to be playing up at the moment!

:shock:

x-charlotte-x

Wow, the pictures are great!  :D I especially like the ones of the Phantom Manor in the mist, it looks really creepy!  :P

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

mtt

thanks for more great pics
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

Anonymous

The Princess Parade on the 16th March.

They had a very pretty Aurora on this last day!  :D

And, appropriately enough, the parting shot from Disneyland in March was of Belle!

:lol:

Well, that's the lot!

I hope you've all enjoyed these photo's. I set out to make a really extensive record of my week, and an excellent photo record of the Park.

I hope it's brought back some memories for some. Got some people excited about going again. Or just given a few who've not had the opportunity to experience DLRP a taster of the magic to be found there!

I really thought, when I left the Park at about 4:30 on the 16th March, to travel back to Calais, and then on home, that this would be the last time I'd go to DLRP for another year.

But after being home for a few weeks, and missing the magic so much, I started getting a yearning to go back and will actually be returning now for 5 days in September. Let the Magic begin again!

giorgio1712

Great pics, thank you!!! :D  Did you go on your own?

Anonymous

Yes I did. It was the third time I'd been, and the first time I've been on my own. Drove there myself.

I was a bit hesitant about it at first, and worried about making such a big trip on my own and getting fed up being on my own.

But it was an easy trip to make. I bought myself a SatNav to help with the journey. And once I got there, the Disney magic kicked in, and in some ways, it was nice to have the freedom to do whatever you liked.

It's probably the trip I've enjoyed the most out of my three holidays to Disney. So much so, that I'm going back in September. And I'll almost certainly go back again next March.