Trip Report 11th - 16th March

Started by Anonymous, March 17, 2007, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I hope that's an improvement for people viewing the photo's. You can click on the thumbnails now to see a larger image, and hopefully this will load a lot easier for people.

Got home in the early hours of Saturday morning, about 5:15 am after a long and tiring drive.

Had an excellent week, I think it was even better than last year.

There is a lot of effort being put into making sure the park is in prime condition for the 15th Anniversary.

I bought lots of goodies, took over a 1,000 photo's, which I'm just sifting through now. I'll post some of the best pictures as soon as I get around to it, along with a more detailed trip report.

shell_ely

glad you had a great time  :D

cant wait to see your pics and hear all about your trip  :P

Anonymous

I think it's the best trip I've had.

The weather was great. The parks were not too busy, and there were lots of characters out and about.

It's the longest stay I've ever had at 6 days, and it was great to be able to just soak up the Disney atmosphere.

Watched the Princess Parade every afternoon last week from Monday to Friday.

Samninetysix

Welcome back, hope you had a trouble free drive :P

Anonymous

The drive was generally straightforward. I'm glad I'd bought a Sat Nav before I went though.

Going down, I found the M25 to be very tedious. It's also a long stretch without any services, which was a bit gruelling on the way back home.

It didn't help that there are so many roadworks going off at the moment down there, and some of the exits were closed off.

Was a bit surprised on arriving at Calais that you just drove straight off either onto the motorway or into the town, and I wasn't prepared with my Sat Nav. Not a major problem, and I managed to get stopped at the side of a road.

Had a trouble free run down to Disneyland, only missed one junction and the Sat Nav got me sorted in no time and took me right up to my hotel.

Coming back, just had a hiccip on approach to Calais, but again got sorted fairly quickly.

I'd been a bit worried about the drive, but really found it straightforward and I will return next year the same way.

Anonymous

Tonie

In the 3 photo Beauty was looking you!

Excellent quality pics, thanks  :wink:
Tonie !

Riebi

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anonymous

I've finally started to tidy up pictures for posting. I arrived at Disneyland Paris on 11th March, at about 9am, after a 13 - 14 hour journey - I'd set off on Saturday night at about 7:30, with a ferry crossing at 2:45. I think the excitement of going back to Disneyland kept me going on the trip down. The excitement rose a notch on Sunday morning as I started to finally approach Disneyland and see the signposts.

First pictures taken were of the Sequoia Lodge hotel. I was keen this year to get photo's of everything, as I'd not really bothered with certain areas last year.

With a 9 am arrival, it was going to be another 6 hours before my room was ready at 3 pm, so I left my luggage in the car, and checked in at the hotel in order to obtain my park ticket. After making sure the car was all secure and any valuables were safely hidden away, I went back through the hotel, and down past the restaurants to the back exit looking out over Lake Disney and started my walk down towards Disney Village.

Past Disney Village, the Hollywood Tower was now looming ominously on the horizons alongside the Walt Disney Studio's water butt.

Finally getting into Disneyland, I was surprised at just how busy the park was. Although thinking about it, last year I'd only been over the week days, and I hadn't seen it on a Sunday. This reminded me of my first trip on an August weekend, just a couple of years after the park had opened. Although, it was still nowhere near as busy as that, but I wasn't used to such large crowds at Disneyland.

Little did I know that Sunday would be the only day I would have the opportunity of getting shots of the castle without the candles. I hadn't expected these to be put up over the week I was there, so it was a bit of a surprise on Monday morning when I went in to see the first few candles on the castle. I think there were 11 up by the time I left on the Friday night (16th March).

I saw Donald and Daisy early on in a meet and greet. But I wasn't prepared for just how many characters there would be around the parks as the week went on.

The first ride I went on was Star Tours. Most of the rides were just too busy to attempt on the first day, but Star Tours wasn't too bad. Always a favourite as a big Star Wars fan.

I think I also did Space Mountain on this first afternoon, and I got a fastpass for Buzz Lightyear. Buzz Lightyear was so busy all week, even with the fastpasses. I guess it's because it's a more child friendly ride. I was a bit underwhelmed by it to be honest, it's fun, but I prefer the big thrill rides.

As the park was so busy, I spent most of the afternoon just getting my bearings again, and having a look around the boutiques to see what sort of merchandise was available this year. I'd been set on getting some nice figurines to add to my collection, and I headed into the Studio's, as I'd remembered the Art of Animation shop had some nice figurine's.

After finally getting settled into my hotel, I headed back into the park, where I got to go on a few more rides, which included Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean and Pinocchio (which was closing for the week after Sunday).

On the way back down through Disney Village I took some more pictures of various frontages.

And that was pretty much it for my first day of the week, but things were going to get better and better, on the best week I've had yet at Disneyland Paris.

shell_ely

great pics  :pluto:

i love the one of the glass castle i tried to get a pic of that once but did not come out right  :ears:

cant wait to see more  :!:

DisneyBud

Great Pictures! Can't wait to see more!!

Soap

Gr8 pics m8  :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anonymous

Second day there, Monday 12th March, was actually my birthday. I can't think of a much better way to spend your birthday than being at a Disneyland Park, and it was an absolutely beautiful day.

I'd got tickets for a Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast on the first two full days of my stay. Basically, this means you can go into the park almost an hour early (at 9:15) where select rides in Fantasyland will be open. You also get a continental breakfast in one of the themed restaurants in Fantasyland, on Tuesday, I was down for Le Chateau, a restaurant themed on Pinocchio.

I took a leisurely stroll through Disney Village, and then down Main Street into Fantasyland. It was a perfect opportunity to get pictures while the park was quiet, and I was surprised to see the castle had started to be decorated for the 15th Anniversary. As you may know, this involves each of the turrets being topped by a Disney character holding a candle. From April, there will be a lighting ceremony in the evenings.

I got a nice, quiet ride on Peter Pan's Flight before the queues developed, and then settled down to a nice breakfast after taking a selection of photo's.

shell_ely

cool pics  :ears:

Anonymous

After a hearty breakfast in Fantasyland, I decided to make my way to Adventureland to embark on a pirate adventure.