Main Street Transport

Started by sue81, May 27, 2014, 11:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sue81

Does anyone know if the main street transport runs in February?
We've never been on them and fancy it next trip.
;D

never2old

They were running last February, so fingers crossed!  ;)

sue81

Excellent, thank you.
Was you there during half term? We are going on 11th. Was they running every day?
(Sorry to bombard you with questions)

never2old

We were outside of school holidays, and they were running every day  :D

gige3982

We were there last December, and neither the horses or cars were there. I've read other people's reports from around then who did get to use them, going back this year so hopefully they'll be there then.

sue81

Quote from: gige3982 on May 27, 2014, 04:11:48 PM
We were there last December, and neither the horses or cars were there. I've read other people's reports from around then who did get to use them, going back this year so hopefully they'll be there then.

May they were being refurbished which is why they wasn't there? Hope they are there for you this time  :D

captain rocket

The Main Street transport runs every day as far as I know, the same things do not run every day and they only operate at certain times. There is always something happening during EMH and on the many times that I have been it is usually the paddy wagon,firetruck or limousine. The horse drawn cars tend to start later and run until mid/late morning. I had never seen two of these operating together until last Halloween when I saw them both running each day of my visit. It then dawned on me that I was rarely on Main Street during the morning and that was probably why I had never seen them and been able to photo them passing half way down! The one vehicle that I have not seen for a long time is the omnibus, in my seven visits in the last two years I have not seen it once, anyone else been more lucky than me?
After all this preamble i would say that it is extremely unlikely you will not see any vehicles during a busy time like half term.

never2old

I'm the same, I haven't seen the omnibus for a long time! All the others I've seen in recent visits