Which parade would you like to see at WDS?

Started by dazzle_v2003, February 08, 2014, 01:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazzle_v2003

With Stars N Cars not taking place during the Spring Festival and some cars being modified for this festival. If Stars N Cars was to be replaced as the main parade at Walt Disney Studios which parade would you like to see take its place?

It can be a brand new parade never before seen in a Disney Park or one previously seen in a Disney Park past and present.

For me I think the Move It Shake It Celebrate it street party could work really nicely in the Studios Park. It could be revised slightly to make it more of a continuous parade instead of the big crowd interaction. The crowd section could be a couple of show stops instead. Saying that the crowd interaction section may work at Walt Disney Studios as it is a smaller audience then say watch the main parade in the magic kingdom.

What are other people's ideas? Love to hear them.

GemmaT

I'm going to disney on Monday 3rd of March, will the stars and cars parade still be on then do u know? Gutted if it's stopped before we go
Next visit December 2015 😃😃😃

dazzle_v2003

I couldn't 100% confirm as we don't have any official information but at a guess I would say yes it would be as the festival doesn't start until April. But be prepared for a shortened version with the 3 cars being used as part of the Spring Festival being taken out of the parade to get modified in time.

aquacat2

I wouldn't mind the Disney Pixar parade they have in America or back to the old one with a few new twists.
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

dazzle_v2003

I agree I think the Disney Pixar Parade would work really well over in the Studios park. It would be fun and exciting and a whole new set of characters for Disneyland Paris.

I would love for the Disney Cinema Parade to come back. I don't know if they still have the floats though or if they have modified them and reused them. The cars would work great in a new version of the Cinema Parade. I guess though they wouldn't have the cost to bring back the cinema parade unfortunately.

aquacat2

I agree I think wanting it back is too much to ask for, to be fair the stars 'n' cars parade was fine for WDS, it doesn't need a big parade as its a small park but I hope they do something in the afternoons rather than leaving it empty.
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

dazzle_v2003

I agree but we can always dream about it coming back. I too really like Stars n Cars it's a great little parade. They definitely do need a parade or something in the afternoon otherwise it makes the park come across a bit flat I think. It need somethings even if it is a revamp of the Good Morning Walt Disney Studios parade.

I'm sure Stars N Cars will be back after the spring festival.

DLPWonders (Banned)

I'm all up for the Pixar Play Parade.
Really love that parade, and the soundtrack is great.
It would fit so well at the Walt Disney Studios Park!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Mitchell

Another vote for Pixar Play Parade, but if they did that I'd like a mini parade using the classic characters around lunchtime to have a perfect mix
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

paterdave2

I would say a great mix with the cars from the Stars N Cars parade and some floats from the Cinema parade. That would make for a great Parade for the Studios.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Rocketeer

Quote from: paterdave2 on May 04, 2014, 11:40:48 PM
I would say a great mix with the cars from the Stars N Cars parade and some floats from the Cinema parade. That would make for a great Parade for the Studios.
That sounds ideal. More suited to the Studios theme.

I'm not a fan of the Play Parade, and it'd also be yet another Pixar addition to the park.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Princessjo

With late opening I'd like a night time parade...al la Main Street electrical parade....
Give a little whistle

Rocketeer

^I'd love to see them use the Moteurs stage for some sort of nighttime show. Think 'Dreams' meets 'Sorcery in the Sky'.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

paterdave2

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 07, 2014, 07:17:23 PM
Quote from: paterdave2 on May 04, 2014, 11:40:48 PM
That sounds ideal. More suited to the Studios theme.

I'm not a fan of the Play Parade, and it'd also be yet another Pixar addition to the park.

That was exactly my idea. Not the play parade not again something of pixar. keep it with the classics that made disney big with an adddition of pixar and the newer movies like Frozen

My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

aquacat2

I agree with the night-time addition especially is Studio's is going to open later with the new ride.
In terms of the play parade I can see what you guys are saying but Pixar is now part of the Disney family, admittedly not one for the purist but I think it could add an energy the park hasn't seen for a while. They could always add a few disney classics somehow!
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015