Parade times

Started by Livvipivvi, May 03, 2014, 03:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

So far the only DLP programme I can find online is for mid April.  On this it says that the parade is on at 5.30pm, will it be the same time for the end of May?

Any advice would be very much appreciated as I'm looking to reserve our evening meals and don't want to reserve tables only to find I clash with the parade :)

TIA

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

Mrsya

I promise I'm not stalking you, we must be looking for the same type of things! I'll follow this one with interest as I don't want to miss anything. My son is excited about the Stars and Cars parade but can't find a time for that anywhere!

Givemesomefin

If you go to disneyland paris.co.uk and click on practical information then meeting locations and times it shows you the latest programmes for both parks.  This is updated regularly. Hope this helps.
Walt Disney World May 1997
Disneyland Paris Feb 2003 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Jul   2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Jul   2009 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris Oct  2011 - Santa Fe

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Mrsya on May 04, 2014, 09:57:09 PM
I promise I'm not stalking you, we must be looking for the same type of things! I'll follow this one with interest as I don't want to miss anything. My son is excited about the Stars and Cars parade but can't find a time for that anywhere!

lol, I'm sure I'm following a few of your questions too! It makes me feel better that someone else is wondering the same things tbh, I've got so many questions I wonder if people on here think I've lost the plot! hehe!

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Givemesomefin on May 04, 2014, 10:43:47 PM
If you go to disneyland paris.co.uk and click on practical information then meeting locations and times it shows you the latest programmes for both parks.  This is updated regularly. Hope this helps.

Hiya, thank you for your help :) I found this just after I posted too, and is more up to date.  But I'm still looking to find out May times, which maybe later than April. The park closes later, which made me think that maybe the parade times are later too?  I've just checked the DLP site and it's still showing the programme that finishes on 2/5, but I'll keep checking over the next few days, this weeks programme should be up any day, which will give a much better idea on when things will be taking place at the end of the month :)

Livvipivvi

Mrsya, here's where you can find the programmes that are mentioned above ^^^^ :)  http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/content/GB/EN/Neutral/system/images/ShowsAndParades.pdf

If I find that it's been updated I'll let you know straight away :)

disnick.322

Recently the website has put the programme up on a Monday for that week, so might have to wait another week or 2, i am going the end of May too, so am looking for the same thing.  When we went last year, the park closed at 11, and the Magic on Parade was at 7, can't remember when Stars 'n' cars was, so it may be a similar time this year, but can't be sure yet, as we had the same problem wanting to book tables.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: disnick.322 on May 05, 2014, 01:02:38 PM
Recently the website has put the programme up on a Monday for that week, so might have to wait another week or 2, i am going the end of May too, so am looking for the same thing.  When we went last year, the park closed at 11, and the Magic on Parade was at 7, can't remember when Stars 'n' cars was, so it may be a similar time this year, but can't be sure yet, as we had the same problem wanting to book tables.

Thanks disnick, that's really helpful :)

I see you're going 3 weeks today? You will be there the same time as us.  We are going Sunday 25th-Thurs 29th and staying in the New York, when will you be there?

disnick.322

We are going Mon 26th - Fri 30th, the day after you, it's getting close now, hopefully they might feel really kind and put the program up early.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: disnick.322 on May 05, 2014, 01:22:19 PM
We are going Mon 26th - Fri 30th, the day after you, it's getting close now, hopefully they might feel really kind and put the program up early.

Oh fab :)  How's your plans going? Are you nearly done?  I've still got a few things to do, shopping for some clothes and a few of the usual travel bits.  May get some online today :)  Have you decided where your having your evening meals yet?  We have decided on Inventions, Silver Spur and are going to see Buffalo Bill.  Trying to decide on where to eat for one more night now...decisions, decisions!

disnick.322

Quote from: Livvipivvi on May 05, 2014, 01:29:45 PM

Oh fab :)  How's your plans going? Are you nearly done?  I've still got a few things to do, shopping for some clothes and a few of the usual travel bits.  May get some online today :)  Have you decided where your having your evening meals yet?  We have decided on Inventions, Silver Spur and are going to see Buffalo Bill.  Trying to decide on where to eat for one more night now...decisions, decisions!

Getting there slowly, got to go clothes shopping too, bit difficult trying to guess what the weather will be like.  Got a new camera sorted that was my priority.  We decided on Blue Lagoon and Rainforest Cafe, two more to choose, what's Inventions like? I've never been there.  Are all your plans coming together, i have my list of things to do.  Where are you staying? We are staying at Santa Fe.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: disnick.322 on May 05, 2014, 01:37:49 PM

Getting there slowly, got to go clothes shopping too, bit difficult trying to guess what the weather will be like.  Got a new camera sorted that was my priority.  We decided on Blue Lagoon and Rainforest Cafe, two more to choose, what's Inventions like? I've never been there.  Are all your plans coming together, i have my list of things to do.  Where are you staying? We are staying at Santa Fe.

I'm having the same problem with the clothes, trying to find things that are suitable for warm and cooler weather and dry quickly if it rains.  The footwear is causing the same problems.  We are thinking about a new camera too, or maybe a small video recorder, having something quality to capture all those memories is a must :).  Blue Lagoon and the Rainforest Cafe both look lovely, it'll probably be one of those that we decide on, or maybe Walts, it looks lovely there too.  It's our first visit to DLP, so not sure what Inventions is like tbh, but I've read lots of fab things about it.  It's in the Disneyland hotel too, so it will be nice to experience the 5 star buffet and the interaction with the characters.  We were going to go to Cafe Mickey's too, but all I've read is bad things, so we won't bother. 

Our plans are coming together slowly, I still feel like I've got loads to do and not enough time to get it done tho lol. Finding a lightweight hand luggage size suitcase is one of my priorities at the mo, it's all frying my brain,lol.  We are staying at the Hotel New York, can't wait! :D

disnick.322

Quote from: Livvipivvi on May 05, 2014, 03:36:38 PM
Quote from: disnick.322 on May 05, 2014, 01:37:49 PM

I'm having the same problem with the clothes, trying to find things that are suitable for warm and cooler weather and dry quickly if it rains.  The footwear is causing the same problems.  We are thinking about a new camera too, or maybe a small video recorder, having something quality to capture all those memories is a must :).  Blue Lagoon and the Rainforest Cafe both look lovely, it'll probably be one of those that we decide on, or maybe Walts, it looks lovely there too.  It's our first visit to DLP, so not sure what Inventions is like tbh, but I've read lots of fab things about it.  It's in the Disneyland hotel too, so it will be nice to experience the 5 star buffet and the interaction with the characters.  We were going to go to Cafe Mickey's too, but all I've read is bad things, so we won't bother. 

Our plans are coming together slowly, I still feel like I've got loads to do and not enough time to get it done tho lol. Finding a lightweight hand luggage size suitcase is one of my priorities at the mo, it's all frying my brain,lol.  We are staying at the Hotel New York, can't wait! :D

Your first visit, your have an amazing time.  Hotel New York, is a brilliant hotel, nice and close but you still get the atmosphere of the Village.  I can recommend getting a small video recorder, especially if you are planning to watch Dreams, as i found it's quite difficult to get good photos of it, be prepared to take a lot of photos, there is so much to catch. Both Rainforest Cafe and Blue Lagoon are lovely places to eat, as for Cafe Mickey, i've been there several times and have never had a bad meal and the character interaction is brilliant.  I'm trying to find a bag for the parks to carry a camera and video recorder, but have 3 weeks so i'm sure i'll find one.. It's going to be my 8th trip so if you have any questions just ask, be happy to help.

Blue Eyed Angel

Any idea how long the parade lasts? I didn't. Even think about the logistics of seeing the parade when I made restaurant reservations. Now slightly worried..... Thanks x

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Blue Eyed Angel on May 05, 2014, 05:02:29 PM
Any idea how long the parade lasts? I didn't. Even think about the logistics of seeing the parade when I made restaurant reservations. Now slightly worried..... Thanks x

I'm sure I read about 20-25 mins, so I was thinking of allowing about half an hour.  I'm a newbie too though, so maybe someone else with more experience can confirm? :)