Pre-trip report 26/5 - 30/5

Started by disnick.322, April 27, 2014, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disnick.322

With only a month to go before my next holiday to DLP i thought it was finally time to do my pre trip report.
Who - Nicky (25) This will be my 7th trip to DLP. My friend Louise (25) it's her second visit, we went together in 2012, and other friend Katie (27) she has never been before.
When - 26th May - 30th May.
Where - We are staying in Hotel Santa Fe, we spend very little time in the hotel, so as long as it has all the basic's we are happy.
Everyone is going to stay at my house on the Sunday to make travel easier, which will be spent watching Disney films and making our final plans.
We are leaving at 3am Monday morning, and just over 11 hours later will have arrived at the magic.  I can't wait to see my friends face as she steps out of the station and into the park.  As we have Disney express we will spend a while walking around the village, before heading to the hotel to sign in, we will then go to the Rainforest cafe for food, and spend the evening in the park, watching the parade and dreams.
We are planning to do as much as possible tues and wed, when the park should be quieter, we hope to see the spring festival, do plenty of meets and greets (Jack Sparrow in particular), lots of rides on PoTC our favourite ride, and eat at Blue Lagoon, as well as catching the parade and stars n cars.
We know that Thurs is ascension day and is one of the busiest days in the park, so we are hoping to be  in the park by 8 and spend a few hours before the crowds come, we will use fast pass and do lots of shopping to hopefully reduce queuing. 
Katie is a huge pin collector, so im sure once she sees pin trading we will be doing a lot of it.
We still need to decide on a few more restaurants for the evening and snacks for lunch, so if anyone has any favourites id love to hear you opinions

Princessjo

I love per trip reports (feel its a bit soon for mine (July)) so reading others to build the excitement!

We really liked agrabah cafe last time we visited - it's sort of Turkish/Mediterranean and a buffet so good for filling you up for a while - its got real atmosphere and not usually too busy  :)

We also love earl of sandwich - it's good for taking with you to the park and eating while you wait for the parade or dreams and not too expensive  :)
Give a little whistle

WalkerboyUK

Going same week!!!
We're flying in, arriving at CDG airport at 9.20, so hopefully a few extra hours in the park before the Eurostar posse turn up.

disnick.322

We're going via Lille so get in before the direct Eurostar, hoping to book in before the Eurostar arrives too