Trip report 31st March - 4th April 2014

Started by SGregory27, April 11, 2014, 02:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGregory27

Who went

Me, Hubby, DD1 (5Yrs), DD2 (2Yrs), Mother and Mother-in-law.

Day one -

Eurostar delayed by around 20 min due to problems with doors in carriage 1 & 2,  But once arrived, we get ourselves seated and our breakfast is served. We have to wait at Lille for another train to arrive to passengers can connect with our train, so in all we are around 50 mins late arriving at Disney,  just over 2 Hrs on train with kids ok, 3 hours stressful.

When we arrive I say a quick hello to Moonloo,  then dump bags at Disney Express and head straight to the Park. Look at the spring festival topiary's and then go and say hello to Maleficent under the castle, DD1 left quickly but DD2 just growled at her.

Then headed off to "It's a small World" as DD2 favourite song. after a quick tour of Adventureland and Frontierland then up Main Street to stop outside City hall to get ready for the Parade, while waiting I pop in at book a table for 6.30 at the Hunters Grill.
Great to see Frozen on a float and both DD's love it, DD1 got a high 5 from Pinocchio but hide when she saw Hook.
After we head to our hotel sequoia Lodge to get bags and check in. We had booked lake view rooms and were on the third floor not far from the lifts, Great view over the back door. Time to do a quick unpack and sort out day bag and the head to Hunters Grill for food, which is great, I went with DD1 to get her food and food for DD2. the went and got my food just as they brought out some lamb. but by the time the rest went to get they food the lamb was gone and a gammon joint had replaced it.

After food went to get pram and headed back into the park for Dreams.
This was the first time we have seen it with Lion King and Brave, DD2 hide when Merida came on (Brave is one film she doesn't like) and I cried when "I see the Light" came on. Head slowly back to hotel, stop at shop to get some water and crisps.

Day 2
Breakfast at 7.30 and in park for 9am,and it's getting Hot.  Buzz Lightyear for the whole family ( I knock my leg as I get off), then Orbitron for DD1 and Hubby, then Small again then head over to Studios from Tram Ride while Mums do the Disney Railroad in the Park. We meet the Mum as we come off Trams and they join the queue and we head off to get some Candyfloss and see Ariel has come out so run and get her Autograph and photo.
Head over to Flying carpets but DD2 as fallen sleep so I ride with DD1, DD2 wakes as we start and she starts to cry when we stop the Operated lets my Hubby and DD2 go on without queuing again ( I only though it was meant for hubby to swap with me so he could ride with DD1)

Meet up with Mums and head off to Earl of Sandwiches for lunch, stopping in at King Ludwigs to book for 5.30 Dinner.
Back in park to do Teacups and carousel (after which I start feeling funny) and Small world again then Dumbo. head to King ludwigs for dinner, DD2 shares of my plate but doesn't eat much, I have a beer but only drink a bit as head feeling bad.  After we sit outside in Village for a while then head back to Park DD's do small world with the grandmothers which I sit in the cool then DD1 does Buzz with my Mum then does Orbitron with Hubby, they get off just as Dreams starts.  We watch by Discoverland Entrance this time ( usually we watch by Froniterland Entrance) then walk slowly to Villiage, look in shops and head back to Hotel. Buy sun hats for the Girls and I have a bath but head is spinning and feel sick, Think it may be a bit of sun stroke.

Day 3
Feeling lots better.
Mums do Paris trip so have a day to ourselves. Breakfast 7.30.  back to room as DD1 wants to wear her Jasmine outfit today and DD2 wear her Ladybird (looks like Minnie Mouse) Dress. Park around 9.30, we do Buzz,  the attendance say hello beautiful Princess to DD1 and Hello Minnie to DD2 (I Knock my leg again as I get off) then head to small world  meet Suzie and Perla just by it so stop for photos and Autographs , Teacups after which my leg hurts have a look and see another bruise which is a hard, warm lump and veins up around it (bit worried as I have had a DVT before that moved to my Lungs) go to Story book ride as walked straight on but DD1 doesn't want to do Casey Jr which was a same as no queue again.  Walk Slowly to Disney Railroad and get straight on, DD2 didn't seem to like it. When we get off we walk over to Studios to do Trams but DD1 decides not to at last minute, DD2 falls a sleep so we just sit and eat crisps and cookies for lunch. The Stars have finish Autographs and they do the walk through park and me  DD1 go a watch, waving I hear running foot steps and then I look and Jasmine and Aladdin are stood hugging DD1 (Just to remind you she was dressed as Jasmine) and say "stay for parade Jasmine and we will look for you"  they blow her a kiss and walk off and Ariel walks by and says hello "Princess Jasmine". We  sit on floor waiting for Parade and DD2 wakes just in time.  When Jasmine and Aladdin see DD1 they shout Jasmine and blow kisses which she returns and Aladdine winks at her, when DD1 sees Jarfar and Hook she hides.

We head back to Hotel for a swim as its very warm. But Pool is so cold and DD2 just holds on to me so after half hour we get out, and DD2 cries the whole time and feels very hot and she falls a sleep on my shoulder, we get back to room and put her in pram and she stays a sleep so we head down to bar for a Glowtinie and light & Colour Cocktail, very nice then as DD2 wakes up she is still warm so I give her some Medicine and we head out to Planet Hollywood for Dinner.   DD2 seems better and eats the plain pasta from DD1, Chips and some chicken from me. We then head back to Park and do small world twice and then watch Dreams, as Brave come on DD2 as for pram and is asleep in seconds, we head back to Hotel, Village is very busy as football match on and a big cheer goes up as we go by sports bar. as we get out village I look at DD2 and see she has been sick,  There is a big queue for lift up to level 1 and only 1 lift out of the 3 seem to be working to take us to other levels, after 10 min we get on and back to room. DD1 gets ready for bed and is a sleep quickly while we clean DD2 up (during which she is sick again) put her in bath with hubby and she keeps falling asleep in bath so just put her to bed in vest, but do sleep for me as every time she makes a noise I jump.

Day 4

DD2 stays a sleep so Hubby stays with her and me and DD1 go for breakfast I make three rolls up for hubby and take back to room, DD1 wakes up soon after and starts eating some of a roll, and drinks and drinks. she is cooler. Meet up with mums and head into park for 10.30 stopping at starbucks for hubby to have coffee, Do Buzz again ( I get out facing backwards and don't hit leg, which has calmed down, Mums say they are heading to Paris on own this time, mum asks about my leg which I show her and mother in law rolls eyes, then asks hubby about what happened with DD2 and says we shoud let her go to sleep and we were mean keeping them up late. at which point I lost it with her. We do small world and mums head off to paris and agree to meet at the Steakhouse at 5 for dinner.

Hubby and DD1 do Autopia while DD2 sleeps we then start to Earl of sandwich for lunch, but meet Pluto and Chip and Dale come out so get autographs and photos. Have lunch after which Hubby says he does fill so good and is cold so back to hotel and Hubby and DD1 fall a sleep and I pack ready for tomorrow, Hubby fills better so head to bar for pre dinner drinks of Colour & light Cocktails and Sprite for DD's we meet with mums at The Steakhouse, Where I find out Mother-in-law has been giving DD's sweets to keep then quiet. After we go outside so girls can see elephants by the rainforest café and hubby says he feels really ill and may go back to hotel, as I promised DD1 small world and Buzz but no fireworks, turn around he's gone with out a word as his mother takes him back. DD's upset as he didn't say good bye. We look at shops and meet up with Mother in law and do small world and get on buzz, which keeps stopping, they ask we get off as they can't get it to work, so head back to hotel as we hear Dreams start and it starts to try and rain, so we catch bus back to hotel, find Hubby very ill and being sick.

Day 5 Home day  :(

Everyone sleeps in so miss Breakfast,  pack up and check out, poor Hubby not good, stop in Starbucks for tea for me and muffins for girls, Hubby drinks coke and eats crisps to replace salts and glucoses. We do Buzz (yes even Hubby :-\) then Mother in law does Autopia with DD1, we head to small world only to be in time to see the first swing into spring show and get a great view, It was great, really got the feet tapping, Grandmothers does carousel then Teacups with DD's the we all do Small world. We say good bye to the Park and head to Stuidos for a walk around and my mum to do flying carpets with DD1 we then say bye to stuidos (still haven't done toy land yet).

Quick shop to buy bits and pieces, then pick up bags and check in to Eurostar.

Great time but next time NO MUMS just the 4 of us.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122966409@N03/

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

disnick.322

Such a shame they were ill, happened to us when we went once, not the ideal place to be feeling sick, hope everyone has recovered now. Glad you still had a lovely time despite illness and mums.

daddyof2

jackieann

Great photos.. sorry your hubby and dd were ill. So annoying when you save and wait all year for a holiday then someone is ill.  I know the feeling with familys to. My dad came with us on this trip and he was a nightmare. 

Just booked our christmas trip with friends this time. Just hope it doesn't break it lol...
Xx

moonloo

Wow, Brilliant photos!!!

Was lovely to meet you, We are booking tomorrow to go back 23rd March next year! Same as you I will not be returning with parents!! Hope everyone is feeling better now?
We are looking to book the Golden Forrest sequioa rooms, is that where you stayed, was it nice?!

Back to reality now for another year... booooooooooooo!!!

SGregory27

And after all the worry I had re DD1 having chickenpox before or during DLP trip, she came down with it this Tuesday, so looks like she caught it at DLP.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

BlackPearl

Oh dear, I hope she's okay again!
Thanks for your great trip report and the beautiful pictures.