Pre-Trip Report 2nd - 6th June

Started by daddyof2, April 22, 2014, 05:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyof2

I was inspired to put this on here after another pre-trip report for the week after...
This is only a rough idea and will no doubt change once we're there.
Who - Me (36 going on 6), my wife (31), DD (3 going on 13) and DS (23 months). It's our first trip for the little ones, and my wife and I have only been once - back in 2002. Children don't know yet and we'll leave telling them for as long as possible
Where - Staying at HNY, where we stayed in 2002. I considered the DLH but at £500 extra decided against it
Day 1 - Driving down to St Pancras on the Monday morning and parking underneath Euston station for the week. Eurostar to Marne-la-vallee (hoping DS will sleep on the train) and Disney Express so straight off to the park when we get there. Aiming to just do Main St. USA on the first afternoon, book restaurants, perhaps the Railroad for a round trip but will almost certainly have to go take a quick look at Sleeping Beauty's Castle and buy the little ones something. Back to the HNY for dinner and soak up the hotel atmosphere, then try and calm the kids down for bed.
Day 2 - Up at crack of dawn, early breakfast then off for EMH. Fantasyland for the morning, then Plaza Gardens for lunch, followed by a look round the castle, Discoveryland and DS naptime before the parade. Back to the castle and the surroundings before a light dinner (Casey's Corner maybe) and back to the hotel and wind down.
Day 3 - Up at crack of dawn again (I know my kids), off for EMH again. Adventureland in the morning, Hakuna Matata or Colonel Hathi's for lunch and visit Frontierland in the afternoon. Parade, Main St USA then Rainforest Café for dinner and a walk round the lake if the weather is nice.
Day 4 - Up early for a change, visit Discoveryland to use EMH then round to WDS to do some of the more child friendly bits. Inventions for lunch, Disney Village for shopping after then hotel for a swim/nap. Dash back for a parade, and some more of WDS, then light dinner before bed
Day 5 - Last day! Up and in the park for EMH (probably Fantasyland) and get the most from our time. A bit of shopping, Blue Lagoon or Café Agrabah for lunch, a last dash round the parks for rides or shopping then back to Marne la Vallee to get the train home...

I may tweak my plans before we leave :)

Aurora1

Don`t forget to watch Dreams at least once!!

Mileto

Nice plan!  :D
You can make earlier reservation for the lunch in Garden Plaza. So you are not supposed to wait with the kids.
And really - Dreams light show - don't miss it, you'll LOVE it!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all