Disney costumes

Started by Blue Eyed Angel, April 20, 2014, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Eyed Angel

I am visiting DLP in May with my 2 and 3 year old girls. Both are disney mad, and love dressing up as princesses. Do many children go around the park dressed up in costumes? I am slightly worried they will freeze in mid May if in costume? Or should I just dress them up for dinner (we have booked Auberge de Cendrillon and Cafe Mickey)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

polar vixen

Dress them up every day! When we've gone I only take 1 clothing change, and then costumes, most kids dress up, they can always wear leggings and te shirts underneath if necessary!

bad-pink-tink

omg, the park is full of kids dressed up, both boys and girls. The princess costumes are on sale in all the shops. I was there at Christmas and even though it was very cold, all the kids were still in their costumes. It seemed to me that the parents bought a size bigger than needed as all the Princess dresses were over the children's coats. Its very normal to see a little girl with a Princess dress over her coat and wearing a hat and gloves.

The Princess costumes onsale in the Park are expensive though, we checked the prices in the shop in Fantasyland beside the castle and the Princess costumes were about 60 Euros.  Many parents buy the Princess costumes in their local Disneystore or supermarket before they go to Disneyland Paris.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

never2old

They even sell a couple of dresses (Rapunzel's was one of them) that has a fleece lining inside to keep your little ones warm!!

When I was there with my little girl dressed as Princess Sofia she was wearing her dress over her normal clothes (I mean, over her shirt and trousers), and with a jacket and her coat over the dress (last time is was in February, so pretty cold!).

Mid May could be really nice weather wise. I would still put some normal clothes and the dress over them, and take a jacket or coat to wear if it's cold.

Lots of little girls (and little boys) are dressed up, it's part of the magic :) As bad-pink-tink says dresses in DLP are quite expensive (60EUR and up, although they're absolutely gorgeous!!), so maybe have a look elsewhere before; even in the Disney Store, they sometimes have the sames one, but cheaper!

perrollaz

At my last stay I took pictures from all the different princess costumes available for a friend (she is actially today at Disneyland ;-) If you want I can share them.

Plus if you want to spend some more money you can have make up and dress made at Disneyland Hotel, it's called Princess for the Day. I also have pictures from this offer too.

Blue Eyed Angel

Thanks for all the replies and advice. Getting exciting now!

Perrolaz...Princess for a day sounds especially exciting. Would love to see some pics of this offer if you don't mind? Any idea how much it costs?

perrollaz

Prepare to be shocked.. I'll post the chart with all the offers tonight, it starts at 70 €.. ;-)

Blue Eyed Angel

perrollaz

OK, here are the links, hope it works. If not let me know.

Princess for the Day:
http://1drv.ms/Qyw39V
Here you see all the details for Princess for the Day in the Disneyland Hotel. The pictures also show the area (it's in the first floor of the lobby) where the little Princesses got dressed up :-D

Costumes:
http://1drv.ms/1lFMxqg
Here you see all the costumes that have been available in December 2013. On each dress you see on the tag (maybe you have to zoom into the picture) to which Princess it belongs. Arielle has too different ones, also have Rapunzel (one with a inline fliece).
They are very expensive, but quality and production value is very high.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask if something isn't answered.