Are there Elsa Dresses @ DLP?

Started by Livvipivvi, April 16, 2014, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hi all,

Does anyone who's been to DLP recently know if they are selling Elsa Dresses please?

My 6 year old DD really wants one, but they are hard to come by here in the UK.  I have seen them in the Disney Store, they come in stock sometimes, so if your quick you can get one, but as we are going to DLP next month and I know that she will want to buy a dress there anyway, I was thinking of holding off buying the Elsa dress until then and getting one there.

TIA  :D

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

LotsoHugginBear

Last week there were Elsa and Anna Dresses. I guess you can buy them at the "Chaumiere des les Sept Nains" behind the castle.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on April 16, 2014, 02:54:13 PM
Last week there were Elsa and Anna Dresses. I guess you can buy them at the "Chaumiere des les Sept Nains" behind the castle.

Thats fab, thank you for your help  :D .  You don't happen to remember how much they were?

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

caspdex

One I saw today was €59.99, also saw nightdresses.

daddyof2

The advice I've read before is that the dresses at DLP are a lot more expensive than those available in the UK. I think we were lucky to find an Elsa dress for our DD though. Our experience is that the princess dresses from Asda are very good value and quality

moonloo

There werent any when we were there 31st mrch - 4th April and the Lady in the boutique said that when they have a new delivery people are buying several at a time, she suspects to sell on, and therefore they were selling out in a day or two...
Id say if you can get one before then grab it just incase you cant get one there. They had plenty of Anna dresses...

seraphelle

I'm finding it tricky to get a lot of Elsa merch at all, is anyone else? Hopefully by the time we visit later in the year they'll have stocked back up but I keep one eye on the Disney store by where I live at all times! She's a big hit to say the least!
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Livvipivvi

Quote from: caspdex on April 16, 2014, 08:49:37 PM
One I saw today was €59.99, also saw nightdresses.

Okies thank you very much caspdex, thats good to know :)

Are the dresses in DLP any better/different to the ones they sell in the UK Disney Store?  Just wondering if there's anything special about them, that makes them worth that bit more, or if they are exactly the same, but you pay more for them because your in the park  :)

Livvipivvi

Quote from: daddyof2 on April 16, 2014, 09:32:49 PM
The advice I've read before is that the dresses at DLP are a lot more expensive than those available in the UK. I think we were lucky to find an Elsa dress for our DD though. Our experience is that the princess dresses from Asda are very good value and quality

I saw some in our local Asda just before Christmas, and did contemplate buying one for my DD, but she already had enough for Christmas and I'm trying really hard to not go crazy with how much we buy for our DDs for Christmas now, so I resisted temptation.  I'm regretting it now though lol.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: moonloo on April 16, 2014, 10:13:39 PM
There werent any when we were there 31st mrch - 4th April and the Lady in the boutique said that when they have a new delivery people are buying several at a time, she suspects to sell on, and therefore they were selling out in a day or two...
Id say if you can get one before then grab it just incase you cant get one there. They had plenty of Anna dresses...

This annoys me so much.  They should have restrictions on how many people can buy.  I know it would be hard to monitor as savvy people would probably go around all the stores/go back the following day etc, but they should at least try in order to discourage greedy people who just want to make a profit  >:(

Livvipivvi

Quote from: seraphelle on April 17, 2014, 03:12:49 PM
I'm finding it tricky to get a lot of Elsa merch at all, is anyone else? Hopefully by the time we visit later in the year they'll have stocked back up but I keep one eye on the Disney store by where I live at all times! She's a big hit to say the least!

It's a nightmare seraphelle  :'( .  You can't get much at all, unless you go on ebay where you can easily find sellers with dozens of products in all sizes.  You can pick a dress up for your DD no problem, so long as your willing to pay through the nose for it, which I won't.  Theres no way I'll pay £115 plus P&P for a £40 dress or £80-£90 for a dress that sells for less that £20 in a supermarket, even if money was no problem, I wouldn't for the principle of it.  Thats me though and I can understand why some people do it, but it just encourages these greedy people even more.

[/size]I found dresses in stock on the Disneystore site on Wednesday, I quickly put one in my basket along with a Frozen Bluray, but half way through my payment authorisation a red banner popped up saying that the transaction couldn't complete, the dress had sold out as it was going through :( , my DD was so excited too. The Disneystore has still taken the £54.99 from my account though, so I am not impressed with them at the moment.  I wonder how many of the dresses that they sold on Wednesday will end up on ebay.

Looks like you have to be super quick and grab one as soon as you see it.

daddyof2

Livvi, if I see one for a 6 year old anywhere I'll get it for you just in case

Rapunzel1

There were Elsa and Anna dresses in the store in the Disneyland hotel in March. Unfortunately my daughter didn't want one. She wanted a cinderella doll. But my four year old son was very happy with his Olav plush toy.