Is it really busy in the 6week school hols anyone been then?

Started by merlin, April 06, 2014, 09:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merlin

Has anyone been to dlrp in the 6 weeks holidays is it really busy? trying to figure  out if it's  better to take the kids out of school and pay the fine or pay about the same price to go.Ive got 3 kids so the price difference is nominal but we usually go in march but toying will kids hols to save hassle and probably better weather ergo larger crowds any advice please

Disneyprincesswannab

Hi there-yes it is really busy -you need to use Magic Hours and Fastpass to get on Buzz and Dumbo for example but the bustle gives it lots of atmosphere and the weather is lovely; also everything is open all the time. I have to say the busiest I have seen is October half term-hallowe'en.

disnick.322

It is busier in the 6 weeks holidays but like disneyprincesswannab says everything should be open, and you will have extramagic hours which makes it much easier to do rides such as peter pan and buzz which have very long queues in the day, we have queued over 90 mins for peter pan in the holidays, and in order to get a good view of the parades you need to go much earlier compared to other times of the year. However, summer is my favourite time of year to go with the weather and atmosphere and all things being open regardless of it being busier.

polar vixen

If you haven't already considered it, Although you'd have a fine to pay, September is much cheaper, and the weather is still fantastic., but it's sooo much quieter,, so apart from crush's coaster, queues are minimal

Rapunzel1

We were in Disneyland last summervacation. In the second week of August. It was very very busy. The first few days were ok. But on wednesday it was so busy we went back to our hotel to swim. The fast passes were all sold out before 12. It just wasn't nice anymore. There was even a line to enter the maze  :o

merlin

We usually go Monday to Friday I can recall one visit we did Tuesday to Saturday and the Saturday was horrendous.we spent more time stepping sideways than forwards and walked towards BTM and ended up on pirates of C pmsl.we headed home early as we drive over couldn't hack it not sure I could handle 5days like that mmmmmmmm.Think I would still go though cos being there when it's busy is still better than not being there at all ;D

tubbsy

Rapunzel1-We were there beginning of August and there was a queue EVERY day for the maze! We thought it was really odd! We managed it on our last day thanks to EMH.
We've done August 3 times. It is VERY busy but do as others have suggested and you can have a great time.
Another couple of suggestions
Eat early-like close to 12 and 6 as you can
Watch the parades and fireworks once
When everyone else is eating or watching parades, you can be riding ;)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

gemma2806

If you can, avoid the weekends at anytime of year! Unless you arrive on Sunday which for some reason is cheaper. I've been once in August the very last week of the holidays and found it wasn't as horrific as I thought it would be. We made use of the EMH and as the parks were open later we fit an afternoon break in everyday back at the hotel, this seemed to work.