Where do you stay on your visits to disneyland?

Started by shell_ely, March 15, 2007, 11:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what hotel do you stay in

hotel santa fe
9 (17.3%)
hotel cheyenne
4 (7.7%)
davy crockett ranch
4 (7.7%)
sequoia lodge
7 (13.5%)
newport bay club
7 (13.5%)
hotel new york
7 (13.5%)
disneyland hotel
7 (13.5%)
off site disney hotel (kyriad,dream castle etc)
6 (11.5%)
other off site hotel
1 (1.9%)
paris hotel
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: March 15, 2007, 11:51:43 AM

tubbsy

Santa Fe
Sequoia
New York
Holiday Inn (great Hotel-hate using the buses tho. Thats the only thing that puts me off. Give me a leisurely walk back around the lake to travelling on the buses any time)

M'be Disneland Hotel (castle club) or New York (suite) next time.

Miss Disney Fan-have you stayed in the Castle Club?(Or anyone else!) Is it worth the extra?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Samninetysix

Quote from: "tubbsy"Miss Disney Fan-have you stayed in the Castle Club?(Or anyone else!) Is it worth the extra?

I recently phoned and asked about the DLH, we were offered 25% AP Dream discount off a normal room which worked out at something like £315 but because there was no discount available for Castle Club, it came out at over £800/night. Not sure if the private reception and breakfast is worth THAT much :D

tubbsy

Okay! Maybe not then! Unless I come into a lot of money(Come on lottery tickets!)

New York suite? Anyone?

I did love the New York in general though. Enjoyed going down and using the pool first thing in the morning and coming back to find our breakfast we'd ordered the night before waiting for us. A GREAT start to the day.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

swity

Mostly we stayed in Santa Fe, but we have also been to other Disney hotels: Sequia Lodge,New Bort Bay and Davy Crockett.My favourite of those is Sequia Lodge.But if we go to Santa Fe we can afford it to stay longer....so I think its ok.

smurfy74

We have stayed in the Santa Fe which was ok, this time we are staying in the Cheyenne, , i see no one voted for it - whats it like??? :?:

miss disney fan

no tubbsy, hoping to stay in castle club this time, but as sam says the price is very silly, so if we do manage to book a suite it will be a one off

Samninetysix

I didn't think Castle Club are suites? - the suites are even more expensive

Castle Club just gives u extra services etc - the suites are a completely different thing

miss disney fan

think it must be a castle club room then, dont really want that but my mum is treating us to it by making up the cost herself from the standard room whos going to say no,  :lol:

lostinwonderland

The first time I stayed in Santa Fe, and I hated it, (ok I was 7 and probably didn't have the best judgement)..

But the other three times I have stayed at Sequoia Lodge and loved it, and plan to stay there this year too...

tubbsy

Smurfy - Doing Cheyenne this time (October). Friends stayed there in October last year and said it was O.K. In need of a tidy (seems to be the general comment on all the hotels) But a nice, basic hotel. She liked the idea of the bunk beds too, then she didnt have to put up with her two boys argueing about having to sleep in the same bed!

We've gone for it as we're working on a budget and if we stay here and with the children under 7 stay free offer we can do a Buffalo Bill meal.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

MinnieMouse

Quote from: "Samninetysix"I didn't think Castle Club are suites? - the suites are even more expensive

Castle Club just gives u extra services etc - the suites are a completely different thing

In The Castle Club Area at the Disneyland Hotel they have Rooms and Suites, too. We stay in 2005 in a Suite in Castle Club in this Hotel.

Alexandra

maleficent_mum

!st trip - Cheyenne - I loved it , still think it has the best theming of all the hotels.
2nd trip - Santa Fe - I didn't like the SF, there was nothing in particular wrong with it and for the amount of time we spend in the hotel it was adequate, but if I had 2 choose between the 2 value hotels I'd definately opt for the Cheyenne.
3rd trip - Admirals Floor, Lake View @ the NPB - out of this world, everything about the hotel and our holiday was perfect.
4th trip - Sequoia Lodge (only 6 sleeps to go) :D/  will have to get back to you on that one.
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

Jayna62

:pluto: We have stayed in all of the Disney Hotels except for the Hotel Disney. Next week we are staying at the Sequoia Lodge for 1 night which is really nice, and its a surprize for our daughter. And for the other 4 nights we are staying at the Davy Crockett which we really enjoy.

Simi-Maus

How is the Davy Crockett Ranch like, Jayna?
Is it comfortable or is it a little bit cramped?
 :donald:
Simi

Jayna62

:pluto: You stay in like log cabins, they have one or two bedrooms, a lounge, kitchen and bathroom loads of space. Outside you have your own barbique and seating area, also you still get continental breakfast included in the holiday price the same as you get in the hotels. The swimming pool is the best out all the hotels that pools. :)