Budget Restaurants?

Started by WiteHypno, April 03, 2014, 10:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiteHypno

Hi guys, my sister and I are going to DLP in September, and since we're jobless students (currently, I may get a job over the summer), I was just wondering where are good places to eat that are also fairly priced so we can possibly save some money on food?

I was thinking we could take food with us from home or buy more snack-like for lunch and/or stuff ourselves with breakfast to save a bit of money as well, but I just thought I'd as what places have good food that's also fairly well priced?

Thanks.  :)

orangarnold

I do Disney on a budget every time I go. My tips are: bring drinks and snacks (sandwiches too if you can), as tempting as a the popcorn, waffles, etc are don't buy them (they can be up to €10 with a drink!), the buffets are very good value, if you have your sandwiches at lunch go to a good buffet around 3/4pm and take advantage, if you are on a super tight budget don't forget there is always mcdonalds

never2old

As orangarnold says buffets are great value. When we've been on a budget we usually went for a big breakfast (I love those breakfast buffets....), then had a small snack for lunch (a sandwhich, some fruit...), and then go for early dinner in a buffet like Plaza Gardens or Agrabah (if it's open, Agrabah sometimes is only open for lunch), it worked out great  :D

grovesie

If you can try to smuggle a few rolls, cheese, ham and fruit out from breakfast. These can be used for lunch etc. I have even filled up a water bottle with the fresh juice too :-[ :-[ :-[ . But saves a fortune especially with 3 kids.

seraphelle

We usually do a buffet breakfast and smuggle a bit of fruit and a croissant or two out for snacking on in the day. I take the kids juice bottles and fill them up in the breakfast area too, or I put cordial in them and just top them up with water at breakfast. So we stuff ourselves at breakfast, snack in the day and then stuff ourselves again in the evening (we tend to stick with buffets as our eldest daughter is vegetarian). Unfortunately as much as you can budget at Disneyland, everywhere is still pretty pricey. Just try and save where you can like with drinks and exploiting the buffets to help you with snacks and lunch throughout the day.  :)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

bad-pink-tink

if you are really on a budget, even The Plaza Restaurant is too expensive. For some people 27 Euros per person is too much to spend on one meal. Like others have said I would stock up on breakfast items, use the mini croissants, cheese and meat slices to make mini snackable sandwiches.

Go to the mini shop /petrol station beside Santa Fe Hotel and stock up on bottled water and soft drinks, and other snacks.

Cheapest places to eat in Disney Village
Earl of Sandwich  - http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/earl-of-sandwich/
Mcdonalds
Starbucks

Don't buy any bottled drinks or any cakes, treats etc when in Disney parks. Even the hot chocolate is a waste of money, its smaller, more expensive and less quality than Starbucks.

Cheapest place to eat in the park, where meals ie, main , side and a drink are between 10 and 15 euros per person.

Adventureland - Restaurant Hakuna Matata- http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/restaurant-hakuna-matata/
                          Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/colonel-hathis-pizza-outpost/

Fantasyland - Toad Hall Restaurant - http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/toad-hall-restaurant/
                      Pizzeria Bella Notte - http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/pizzeria-bella-notte/
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Samninetysix

go to breakfast early, then take your time to eat and eat as much as you can. We generally spend over an hour at breakfast, especially at somewhere like Magic Circus where the range for breakfast is excellent. When we've done this before it has seen us through to tea time without the need for lunch. Apart from that, I would say that value for money Earl of Sandwich takes some beating. 5.50€ gets you a large sandwich/small loaf, very tasty and you can eat it in 2 parts :) . When we go on Sunday, we've pretty much decided on Billy Bobs, Plaza Gardens & Restaurant des Stars buffets.

grovesie

Also remember if you buy something in the park you are given a recipt that allows you a free hot drink, make your purchases seperately and you'll get more freebies. These can only be used in certain places which are list on the bottom of the recipt and i think between 3pm and 6pm

Uragano Tati

We are always on a budget too! This is our strategy: eat as much as possible at breakfast and try to take with us a couple of sandwiches if we will be hungry at some point.
We have only one meal a day in a buffet restaurant in the afternoon. With around 23 euro per person you can eat averything you want. We always come out from those places so full that it's hard to walk!!!
Ask for "au en caraffe" for drink. It's refrigerated tap water, it's good and above all free!!!
Take from home a plastic bottle for the water in the park. There are several fountains where you can fill your bottle. I suggest a not too big bottle, because it may be hard to fill it, there isn't a lot of space.
You can save a lot drinking only water in this way.
I also have to say that when we go to a buffet restaurant the day after we are usually still full, and usually don't go again in a buffet restaurant but have only a sandwiches at Ear of Sandwiches or something taken from breakfast.
And if you can, take some biscuits or thinghs like that from home.  ;)

April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

WiteHypno

Sorry for the super late reply, I've been away, but this is a great help thanks guys!  ;D