Trip report for our wonderful trip to DLP 1st Feb- 6th Feb

Started by Gemma W, February 09, 2014, 11:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemma W

I knew we were going to have a wonderful holiday (as how can you not in the most magical place on earth) but our trip for exceeded our expectations and we had an amazing time. Here is my trip report!

Day 1
We set off early for our flight from BHX. Everything went smoothly and we arrived in CDG at 11.40am. We had a slight rush to get our TGV transfer (I had not really taken into consideration how long it would take for us to get through the airport with a 4 year old and a toddler!) but we made it just and we were in DLP within a few minutes! We headed straight for our hotel (Hotel Cheyenne) and got our park tickets etc. I wasn't expecting our room to be ready as it was only 1 pm but to my surprise our room was ready so we spent a little while unpacking before heading to the park. Our room was lovely and we had some bottles of water and choc coins as it was my birthday whilst we were there. I love the theming of the hotel Cheyenne and my kids absolutely loved it! My youngest it still say yee haa every time we sees anything cowboy related!

Once in the park we just spent some time on Main St taking in the atmosphere and snapping lots of pics. My little girl convinced me that she needed a Minnie mouse ear hat which she wore non stop for the whole trip! We went on Dumbo and tea cups and just generally mooched around familiarising our self with the park. Being a Saturday it was quite busy so we got ourselves a spot for the parade near the start point and loved watching all the floats go by! We especially like the frozen scene at the start of the parade! We left the park soon after and headed to Annette's for an early dinner. We got seated quickly and enjoyed our meal. We were glad that we went a little early though as the queues soon gathered! We headed back to our room once finished as the park didn't shut til 10pm and we were too tired to hang around for dreams. It was a fab first day!

Day 2
We didn't have the best nights sleep as the beds were quite hard and we only had 1 pillow each (we did sleep better once we requested extra pillows) however there was no time for a slow start as we were booked into CafĂ© Mickey for breakfast. We didn't tell the kids that we were seeing any characters so they were super excited when Goofy came out! The breakfast was yummy and we saw lots of characters and had plenty of time to interact. We saw Goofy, Pluto, Chip'n'dale, Tigger and Mickey. After breakfast we headed into WDS. We rode the cars ride which my youngest loved and then queued to see Buzz. After that we went on the Slinky Dog ride. We met some characters on Production courtyard (Cruela, Lilo and Stitch) and just wished we had more time there as there were so many more characters we would have loved to have seen (Woody and Jessie, The Incredibles, Donald and Daisy, Queen from Snow White, Mulan, Gastone)  but we had reservations at restaurant des stars. We loved the food in here- so much variety and the pudding selection was lovely! It was a real treat to see Remy too! We watched the Cars and Stars parade which we really enjoyed before heading back to our room so the little one could have a nap.

We headed back to the park for 4pm so we could see the Decent of the Stairs. I am so glad we did this as we got to see so many characters and I am sure they had put an oriental twist on the show as it had been Chinese New Year. We got autographs from Gepetto and Genie and just missed out on Mulan who had to go by the time we got to the front! Instead of watching the parade today we headed back into the park to have a go on some more rides this time in Discoveryland. We had counter service for tea (this was the only thing I wasn't so impressed with) before getting the kids wrapped up for Dreams. We watched from the side so our view wasn't perfect but it was still amazing even with trees in our way a little.

When we got back to our room we decorated our room ready for my birthday the next day.

Day 3 and my 30th birthday!
We headed for an early breakfast so we could make the most of the EMH. Once in the DLP park I popped into City Hall to ask what time Minnie would be out as I really wanted to see her today. They spotted my birthday badge and were so lovely giving me vouchers for hot drinks and pins for all the family. I was blown away with their generosity! It was a lovely crisp winters morning and the sky was the most beautiful colour of blue so I took the chance to get some beautiful pictures of the castle before heading through to the Buzz lightyear ride (my daughters favourite ride and she was determined I should go on with her for my birthday) and then into fantasyland for a couple of rides. We were so surprise how quiet the park was and we hardly queued for anything! We popped back to see Minnie which was just lovely- my little ones reaction was just beautiful, one which I will always treasure!

As a special treat we booked to have lunch with the princesses. I could pretend we had booked it for the kids but it was equally for me! We saw Perla and Suzy, Belle, Snow White and then Cinderella and Prince Charming danced into the room. It was just wonderful! The food was delicious too (I was slightly worried that it would be too posh for us!) To round off a lovely occasion my DH had asked for a birthday cake to be bought to the table accompanied by Cinderella and Prince Charming and 2 waiters singing happy birthday to me!

We spent the rest of the day on rides, meeting characters, rising the train and watching the parade. We did a spot of shopping on Main St (just a warning to any parents of little girls the shops are full of Frozen goodies which are very appealing to little girls but expensive on the pocket!)  We headed into Frontierland to get something to eat and were disappointed to find most eating places closed. Thankfully we did find somewhere in Adventureland so we had a quick bite before heading back to Main St to watch Dreams- this time with a much better view! It really was an amazing way to spend a birthday!

Day 4
No EMH today so we enjoyed a slower start with a walk into the parks via some of the other hotels.  We headed to WDS to go on the Flying carpets and Cars ride before going back to DLP. We queued to see Winnie the Pooh- it seemed a long long wait but it was worth it! The queue for King Louie in Adventureland on the other hand was much shorter! We worked our way through to Pirates of the Caribbean. On the way back to Crown Plazza for lunch we bumped into Buloo! Lunch was lovely although the queues were quite long as there was only 1 side of the buffet open. On the way out we saw Tigger and Eeyore which were like a double act of naughtiness! So funny to watch and observe.

Whilst the little one slept I quite stupidly decided to take my little girl into the Princess Pavillion. There had hardly been any queues all day so I thought it wouldn't be too bad in there. The sign outside estimated 30 mins- how wrong it was! an hour and half later we reached the end of the line to find that it was Cinderella and Belle in (whom we had already seen) thankfully the CM said we could wait for them to change over again which was about another 10 min wait and then we got to see Rapunzel which absolutely made my little girls day!

We went back to WDS to watch Disney Junior live and then rode the flying carpets and cars quickly before the park closed! We did some last minute shopping at the World of Disney before heading back to our hotel to start packing :( .

Day 5
We tried to pack most of our stuff the night before so after a quick breakfast we packed the last few bits and popped our bags into left luggage before heading into DLP. We rode 5 rides within an hour- there were literally no queues for anything! We took the train round the park one last time leaving from fantasy land before walking back through the  park saying goodbye to all our favourite things! As we walked through the castle the fire engine was say waiting so we hurried over and took our last ride up Main St. A perfect end to a perfect holiday!

Rosy25

Great report sounds like you had a fab time and a very happy birthday to you. :) we've only 4 weeks to go now!! Staying in the Cheyenne too. Did you find it took long going from disney park to studios...I'd like to pop over and back a couple of the days. Which of the studio shows are better for the children?

haribosmum

Such a lovely report, sounds like a very successful trip!

Rosy - it's really easy to go from the Disney park to studios.  Maybe 10 mins to leave one and be in the other one.  We quite often do Early Magic Hours in park, then go to studio then head back to park.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

BlackPearl

Thanks for sharing your report and Happy Birthday to you!
I would love to have a birthday in Disneyland, must have been wonderful.

jackieann

pialykke

Ah Gemma, it sounds like you had a lovely time!! And happy birthday!  ;D
Wow, you got to see so many characters!! Gets my hopes up for when we go (in just over a month!!). After only meeting 5 (!!) in a whole week last time we went, we are really hoping to see more this time!!
And some of the ones you mention (genie, incredibles, mulan etc.) are at the very top of my list to see!!!
So fingers crossed!  :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Gemma W

Thanks all! It was an amazing trip and the best place ever to have a birthday! I made it my mission to get 30 autographs for my 30th birthday so we did seek out a lot of characters! At around midday a lot of characters seemed to come out on production courtyard in WDS and the meet and greet spot in adventureland never had a queue so they could be good spots to check out!

It didn't take long at all to get from one park to the other. We only went to the Disney Junior show unfortunately. That would be my only criticism of the parks- the shows were at really strange times (mostly in the afternoon) and that is when my youngest napped. Animagique is also meant to be a lovely show for little ones too. 

moonloo

Oooooh lovely trip report, Its making me so excited!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

littlebitofpixiedust

Lovely trip report :) enjoyed reading about your fabulous trip and I'm glad your little princess got to meet rupunzell after Queing all that time!

SGregory27

Glad you had a great time and birthday.

We meet Mulan and the Dragon (Mushu, I think, not sure on spelling) last year.
The Princess meet n greet was a nightmare for us, said 45min on sign 2 1/2 hours we queued for, would have left if it wouldn't have upset DD1.

Hoping to meet Rapunzel next week when we go as DD1 and DD2 both love her.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL