Terraced rooms?

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, March 25, 2014, 05:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hi all I am aware that the Disneyland hotel have terraced rooms as we've previously stayed in one. What I'd like to know do any other hotels on site have these room types? My son has special needs and loves to see outside and on a previous visit to the last hotel we couldn't even open a window! (sequioa lodge) we always request ground floor so I can get him out quickly if he needs some space but how do I request a terraced room? Not sure we can offerd DLH as we've already had one trip this year!
I did ask the SL previously and they said they didn't have any nor do the NY? Any help appreciated! Thankyou :)

SVioletS

The sequoia lodge has them but they are corner rooms with one large king size bed. Maybe if you email and request one of these with an extra bed?
I think its the new York hotel the one without terraces. I am not sure about Newport bay, but when we stayed there we had a ground floor  room with window/ doors that opened to the gardens.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

SGregory27

We stayed in Newport Bay last year and my mum had a balcony room which was two double beds.

My family and my brothers family were either side and didn't.

So you could email them, but the hotel is having lots of work done inside and out, so be aware..

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks for the info guys :) so love this forum we can exchange our DLP knowledge lol.
I'll try and email but maybe I'll try the NBC then. I definatley emailed SL before and they said they don't have rooms like that for safety reasons. I assumed because its near the lake Incase a child got out in the night I don't know!? But it seems odd they don't but NBC do lol confused. It also seems odd that they charge for terraced rooms for DLH on the website but there is no option for the others wich is why I wonderd if they had them at all.

LotsoHugginBear

Maybe hotel Cheyenne is an option too. If you have a room at the ground floor you can use the chairs and benches in front of your room . These seating capacities are covered so you can use them on rainy days as well.

cazspence

HNY does have on the ground floor, the ones facing the lake have little gates so you can even go out that way to go to the park.

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks again :) yeah we stayed in Cheyenne recently wich did work well for us it's just that little bit further to walk that's all and because we're going in dec/early jan I'd prefer closer. We don't even bother with the chortle buses trying to get my son on with his chair isn't easy and everyone pushes through :(
But we've got a stay in HNY already booked for sept lol so I'm defo going to request that now you've said! Thankyou I was a bit concerned theyd put us high up and it'd take ages to get him out if he throws a wobbler in the room. I like to know I can get him out quickly as possible!