Who will miss Pizza Planet?

Started by PrincessA, March 16, 2014, 11:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfspock

As I recall it opened somewhere in 1996. Until then the tent hosted a space exposition which was actually pretty good. I think it was one of the remains from the Space Mountain opening.

Anyway, don't like it, the place looks worn down, it smells and the food is disgusting.

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

I always liked the idea of a Pizza Planet in Disneyland, but in my opinion they really missed the chance to make it a great place true to the movie... to me it looked like an ordinary fast food place with a cheap toy story overlay. The food is ok and good value since it's all you can eat, but it definitely lacks atmosphere.
I know that there was no walt disney studios or toy story playland by the time the restaurant opened, but i think it fits much better there than it does in Discoveryland. (which is also the case with buzz lightyear laser blast)
But who knows... now when they close it, they could build a new pizza planet in WDSP... hopefully a better one!!! :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

Mrsya

Against all reviews we popped our heads in here to see what it looked like and ending up staying for lunch. My four year old boy was beside himself from the pizza-toting statue at the entrance to the giant alien-filled rocket in the centre. We filled up on pizza, pasta and refillable cold drinks and desserts, my little boy got to have a run around in the large play area (much needed after a morning of queuing, bless him) and my baby got a clean highchair (unlike in plaza gardens the night before where they couldn't find one for her for the entire meal!). He loved it, we were well fed and well rested at the end of lunch and let's face it, where else is there in Discoveryland to eat other than Cafe Hyperon?

Worth the money, worth the try. I say revamp it not get rid of it!

irishbhoy1888

Mileto

We never went to Pizza Planet. Won't miss is.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

MAVERICK

me and my wife loved it especially on a very hot day it was always very cool in there and also quite from the busy park. we will miss it.

A&S&O

Its a tent - freezing in winter and baking in the summer.
It was great for a sit down for us and a mad indoor play for our son.
I imagine it was nice when it first opened, but got grubby / tatty over time and had no money spent on it.

Has it been confirmed that it has closed or is closing?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

StarGazer

As far as I'm aware this hasn't been confirmed for closing anytime soon, but looking at the speculated future plans to this whole area (adding Star Tours 2 and Jedi Academy around 2015-16) it does seem like it will be remplaced by something else.

Some friends ate at Pizza Planet's during their trip last week. They said they loved the food and the children had fun with the decorations, but that it was terribly hot. I only went on my first visit (2007), didn't go back, we fancied other restaurants better.

They should just build a new restaurant altogether - an actual building, not a tent. Then theme it as they please. I love both Star Wars and Toy Story, but following a Jules Verne theme wouldn't be bad either.
♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫

Sulley's Arms

In more than 40 days spent at DLP over a 6-year period, Pizza Planet was only open on 2 days, and they were the last 2 on our most recent trip!

We wanted to eat at Pizza Planet since our very first trip.  I must say, as a result of largely negative reviews, I didn't actually have much of an expectation of the food, but still wanted to be able to say we'd eaten at Pizza Planet!  However, we all really enjoyed it, particularly the larger choice of dishes than was expected - the pizza was really moist and tasty (as opposed to being overcooked and tasting like cardboard).  Also the atmosphere was good as well.

If it closes, I would certainly miss it  ;)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

orangarnold

On my last visit to the park the bf really wanted pizza so we went to bella notte and saw that pizza, a salad, a desert and a drink would be €15, so instead we went to Pizza Planet where it was €17 for all you can eat pizza. Really enjoyed the food, granted the location isn't the best but the food and the excellent value for money made it worth it

itslizi

As a Toy Story fan I always wanted to experience Pizza Planet however when I've visited it was always closed so I just assumed it was closed permanently. I was obviously wrong.