reliable weather forecast??

Started by clarybell, March 12, 2014, 09:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarybell

So.. is there such a thing? We go next friday so still a little while yet. Have been looking at long range forecasts and they arent too bad and wont be packing until last minute but how reliable are they? Which site do you find the most accurate?

Rapunzel1

We will arrive next week on thursday. Weather forecast looks o.k. Dry and sunny between 13-15 degrees. We use weeronline.nl to check the weather forecast.
This Friday looks even better. 18 degrees and Saturday and Sunday a bit colder. But it will be dry.

Samninetysix

I wouldn't worry about it too much, we did a 10 day forecast using mappy.com before we went at the beginning of February this year and it forecast rain for the whole of our 3 day stay varying from light showers to rain all day. What we actually got was mostly sunshine and some cloud and literally 1 spell of rain which lasted for about 2 hours most of which we spent in Plaza Gardens :)

SVioletS

I use accuweather, and find it usually reliable for short time predictions.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

clarybell

lol so many variations. will wait til nearer the time to check and then pack accordingly.

adr2.8i

i arrive this sunday and every forcast site i have been on says something different!

Its lovely until sunday, and then it could be raining and cloudy but warm and cold and dry and sunny but wet  and windy and mild but nippy as well apparentley.

clarybell

Nothing like covering all eventualities then eh. ;)

adr2.8i

Quote from: clarybell on March 12, 2014, 09:03:18 PM
Nothing like covering all eventualities then eh. ;)

yes quite, lol, but the wife hasnt got a clue what to pack!

Ravenseye

I use accuweather too, so far it's the most reliable site I've found.
We knew persistent rain was forecast for some of our last visit and packed accordingly, but managed to avoid the worst of it by taking a break indoors when we saw the VERY dark clouds looming.  ;D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

clarybell

oh dear. it can be hard to know sometimes what to pack, but i suppose with jumpers and t shirts it covers  all kinds. shoes can be a bit difficult- dont want wet or cold feet but dont want to be clumping around in boots either. decisions decisions :)

Samninetysix

I tend to take a decent thermal jumper with a waterproof coat over the top, that generally gets me through most weather situations and it also lets me avoid paying 9€ for one of the Disney waterproof ponchos

clarybell

9euros. jeez.for a bit of plastic :o

daddyof2

Five days ahead is about as far as you can get accurately. Let's be honest - a thin waterproof jacket and a decent jumper/coat aren't going to bust your suitcase. If you get wet, you can always get dried again and there's plenty of things under cover/in the warm

Samninetysix

Remember the storms that were going to rip the UK apart in October?, well, we had about 90 minutes of it when we were at DLRP. We parked in the main car park, got out the car and it was peeing it down, we got shelter in the covered conveyor belt thing that takes you towards the shuttle bus/train station, when we got out into the open our 9€ ponchos were less than useless but then again the wind was so strong that people were actually hanging onto lamp posts. By the time we'd got to the security booths, our daughters 9€ poncho resembled linguine, it was shredded but on the upside the whole thing was over before you knew it and the sun came out, we dried off and all was right in the world once again :)

clarybell