How to get from Paris Gare de l’Est to Marne la Vallée-Chessy? German Problem!

Started by TVTaughtMeHowToFeel, February 19, 2014, 06:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Hi,
First of all this seems to be a german problem, because no german trains stop at Marne la Valleé-Chessy directly.  :o
My train departs in Frankfurt and arrives at Paris Gare de l'Est. On the german DLP-website they say, that you simply have to take the RER line A to Marne la Valleé-Chessy, and that you'll be there in just half an hour. But there seems to be no RER-station at Paris Est so you first have to ride the Metro and then switch trains halfway through, which lasts all in all over an hour.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular problem, and could tell me if I'm worng or right?
Are there any tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance!  :)

Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

orangarnold

Hi,

Gare d'Est is next door to Gare du Nord, by train line terms :)

\http://www.aparisguide.com/maps/metro.htm

The quickest way is to take the deep purple, line 4, to Chatlet, and switch onto the RER from there. Its quick and painless.

My only tip is at Chatlet is breathe in your mouth, personally, this station is long due a deep clean.

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Thank you very much!  :)

so this is the only way...  ??? But the link is very helpful... i only had a map with the RER-lines on it.
What bothers me is that it takes me another hour to finally get to Disneyland. When on the german website they talk about "only half an hour".  :(
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

LotsoHugginBear

Hi, I have heard about this problem. Friends were travelling from Frankfurt last year as well and had to handle the transportation from Gare de l'est to Chessy as well.
They decide to take an Private Shuttle because of their two little children.

Here you can find an advice how to go to DLP by train, metro and RER in german: http://www.dein-dlrp.de/reiseplanung/anreise/zug.html
Maybe this will help.

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Thank you very much! :)

Found the same description in English.
I really don't mind changing trains. What bothers is the other hour i have to wait before i can finally step into the magic  :)

But I guess that's ok, DLP Germany just really needs to change that on their site!
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

Aurora1

Coming from Switzerland, we used the same station (it changed now) all in all it takes you about 1 and 15 minutes. It is eally easy to find. Just follow the signs. First for Metro, then RER. There it says Marne la Valle and Disneyland evereywhere.
Just make sure, you board a rtain, where the lights on the board are on (on the platform). These are the stops they serve. At least every other train goes to Disneyland.
Have a great trip!

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014