Uragano Tati - May 2012

Started by Uragano Tati, February 28, 2014, 03:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uragano Tati

Then we plunged into the atmosphere of Fantasyland, with its beautiful buildings.

The Sleeping Beauty's castle seen from the back side.

While we were relaxing in Discoveryland I also had the privilege to experience an exclusive and very special attraction: the thrill of being a cast member!
We were sitting on a bench in Discoveryland watching the people go by.
When I put one foot on the opposite knee I realized that the shoe was beginning to have some small crack in the sole. I bended forward to see it better.
I was looking at my shoe in this strange position while a cast member was sweeping the ground. I have to say that it seemed that I was looking right where he was cleaning.
Then he asked me something in French.
I do not know a word of French. Claudio knows few words of French and he told me that the cast member asked me if he didn't clean well.
I tried to tell him that I was looking at the shoe and not on the ground and we all laughed a lot!

And this big black man took me and taught me how to use broom and dustpan! It was very funny!
And at the end he also said to Claudio that I was good and gave me his approval!
I can proudly say that I have helped to sweep a small piece of Discoveryland, heheh!

Around 15:00 we went to Pizza Planet to eat and it was closed! The other buffet restaurants were still quite crowded, so we decided to stop by McDonalds in the Village to take something to eat as we walked back to the hotel.

I wanted to make one last fall on the Tower of Terror, so we went to the Studios. The time of the fastpass was too late, but fortunately the waiting time was not very long, about 20 minutes, so I joined the queue.

We still had a little time and we went to see "Art of Disney Animation" a kind of show-documentary about animation, very cute.

Just while the parade was passing by we had to say goodbye to the park.

We stopped to eat fries and milkshakes at Mc Donald's and then we walked along the lake to go back to the hotel where we took the Vea shuttle to the airport.

While we were waiting for our flight at the airport we ate the sandwiches I had prepared at breakfast time!
The flight was on time and we landed at Bologna's airport at 22:00.
My parents picked us up at the airport and we went to their house. It was late and we stayed there to sleep.

The next morning my parents went to work and we got ready to leave quietly. We loaded our hamster's cage in the car and we left to go to our home.
The first traffic light we encountered was red.
We stopped and suddenly the car started to jump. We looked around us, and we noticed that even the traffic lights and road signs were swaying.
It was the earthquake (29 May 2012). An abrupt return to reality.
Luckily we were not anymore in my parents' home. They live in a block of flats on the third floor and it would be really scary to be there with that strong earthquake.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Uragano Tati

Conclusion

The holiday was fantastic. I was really surprised by Claudio and as he threw himself to do those roller coasters. I would not have ever expected!
I had thought that if Claudio would like Disneyland, we could come back once every 2 years or so. But since I found out the possibility to save a lot I really think we will be back every year, heheh!

When we got home I was curious to know why there was so many people especially on Monday. I had the suspect that perhaps in France it could be a holiday.
In fact just that Monday it was Pentecost holiday in France. No surprise that weekend was over-crowded!

If the forecast say good weather it is absolutely necessary to bring a sun lotion with a very very high protection.
Despite the color my poor arms were become, I was not really burned, probably thanks to the tons of lotion I used.

Another thing to keep in mind is coffee. I don't drink coffee so I don't care but Claudio was desperate without coffee! The coffee in France is horrible. Next time we will take with us some soluble Nescafe. It will not be like real coffee, but it will definitely be better than the brown beverage they call coffee.

That's all. I hope you enjoyed my report. Soon will come September 2013.
Please, let me know if there is something wrong, if it is too long, if there are too many pictures or so. I have made quite short posts to avoid too long pages and too long loading time. I hope that would be good.
Bye!!  ;)

April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne