February 15th til February 19th

Started by susieq, February 20, 2014, 06:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susieq

Hi all,

Thought I would post a little message about my trip to DLRP this month.  Not only was the weather amazing but the whole experience was excellent as always.

Day 1
After a faultless flight and transfer to the resort we arrived at the Sequoia Lodge around mid day. There was no queue at check in so the whole process took about 5 minutes. We booked the 8am slots for breakfast and were lucky enough to be offered the opportunity to dine at the Plaza Gardens for breakfast on the last day (nice little extra).
Extra magic hours, we were told were on Sunday and Wednesday only. Dropped our bags at the luggage point and headed out for lunch.
Stopped at the Earl of Sandwich for a bite, excellent food at extremely reasonable prices (we ate here probably 3 times over the five days). Every thing we tried was tasty and freshly made. The kids enjoyed theirs too and at just under 6 euros for the kids menu was great value .... sandwich, refillable soda and tub of brownies, they usually took the brownies away with them for a snack later in the day.

Strolled into Disneyland for the afternoon and were greeted by Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale doing meet and greets by the Discovery Arcade. Took a ride in the old car up main street shouting bonjour at everyone and anyone!!  Headed into the cave under the castle to see the dragon, my boys love this, then up through castle to discover Sleeping Beauty's story and have a look out of the balcony into Fantasyland.  Anatasia and Griselda (ugly sisters) were there putting on a fabulous performance which lasted the best part of 15 minutes and then did photos and signings with passers by.
Rode the Carosel, Dumbos flight, Alices Labryinth, Small world and did not queue for more than 5 minutes for any of it.
Went towards Pirates of the Carribean but it was closed, not to worry because we then spent the best part of an hour crawling all over skull rock and climbing up and down the Robinsons tree house.  By this time we were all shattered after our 3am start to the day and ready for out meal booked at Walts for 5pm.  Seated by the window great for the kids and grandparents to watch the parade drift by, Wonderful food too.  Finished the day taking in Main Street and the Village ready for an early night.

Day 2
Breakfast at 8am no queue. Cereals, cold meats, croissants, bread rolls, toast, jams, nutella and selection of drinks. More than enough choice. As we left the restaurant the queue for breakfast was snaking round up the stairs and both restaurants were open!!! Eat early folks is my advice. Walked down to the Disneyland to take in frontier land and then over to Discoveryland for Buzz Lightyear ride! Enjoyed by all!! Stayed in this park till 11 and headed over to the studios. Toystory Playland was  a firm favourite with my youngest Slinky Dog ride was great. Again queues around 10 minutes ..... great for everyone. Walked back to do the cars ride and came out to meet Buzz Light Year and Mickey Mouse meet and greet. Whilst the kids queued I headed to get some drinks and saw Aladdin and Princess Jasmine, Mary Poppins and Burt, Woody and Jessie, Reme, Gaston and Mulan all doing meet and greets. The kids and Hubby managed to get to meet Mickey and Buzz and headed over to the other characters to see them too.  Did the Backlot tour, Stitch Live, Art of Disney Animation and back to slinky.
We were having such a great time we missed lunch and found it was 3.30pm!! Headed out to the Villiage and ate at Annettes.  Plentiful food and reasonable price. Good time to eat missing the lunch and dinner time rush! When we left the diner the queue was forming for the evening meal which seemed to be full of shocked adults, not happy to be queuing to eat and over tired kids!  Back to the hotel for a quick nap to revive us enough for DREAMS!! Back to the park at 8pm great spot on a bench infront of the castle were we saw one of the best shows ever! Great story, sing a long, lightshow, fountains and fireworks!! A spot of rain but not enough to dampen the mood. Amazed at the scale of dreams simply brilliant ;D

Day 3
Hubby, grandparents and eldest son headed into paris and my youngest son and myself headed to Disneyland. Thought we would have to wait to get in as we were told EMH were only sunday and Wednesday but as we got there they were letting hotels guest into the park and nearly all the rides were open for us. Straight onto Buzz lightyear, which broke down while we were on it sat for 40 minutes on the ride to have to walk off .... free fast past for anytime was issued. Spent most of the morning in Fantasyland repeating the rides we had done but added Casey Jr and storybook land boat ride to the list. Theses two rides are tucked away so never seems to be a queue we walked onto them and did them a couple times each.  Headed back through the castle and did the meet and greet with Tigger and Eeyore and Winnie the Pooh.  Took the firetruck back down main street and went out to Planet Hollywood for lunch. Yummy food and again no wait for a table even at 12.30!!! Afternoon in the studios and saw Animagique for the first time (this is our 4th trip to DLP) brilliant show and a welcome rest! Spent about 2 hours in the Studios and headed back over to Disneyland to use our Buzz fast past also did autotopia and the nautilis. The wanderers had returned from Paris by now and were more then complimentary at the easy use of the French rail network and open top tour bus (hop on and off) for their trip. All tried and hungry. Earl of sandwich for tea and back tot he hotel for another early night.

Day 4
Character breakfast at Café Mickey 8am seating. Nice to have some hot food at breakfast and even better to be joined by Mickey and Minnie, Chip and Dale, Goofy and Eeyore. Lovely start to our day. Into Disneyland, EHM in operation again. Headed back to Buzz (family favourite) and worked our way round the lands. In Fantasyland we met Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum getting into all kinds of mischief kids and adults alike thoroughly entertained!! Autographs and pictures done and we headed over to pirates to find Captain Hook and Smee doing a meet and greet. Went on Pirates and met Captain Jack Sparrow (not quiet Jonny Depp, but not too bad either ;) at the exit pics and autographs again!! Started to head to skull rock and noticed Captin hook and Smee had been replaced by Peter Pan and Wendy!! Extra pics!   Managed to ride Big Thunder Mountain and The Haunted Mansion. River Boats were not on for the entire time which was a tad disappointing but never mind. Over to the Studios in time for Stars and Cars. We watched this near Moteurs Stunt show. My oldest boy and hubby did rock'n'rollercoaster, queue 5 mins!!!, and still managed to see the parade. Headed into the stunt show start after the parade and watched the show. My youngest boy loved the fact the Lightening McQueen was there. Even though the show is a little paired down to what it was still exciting to watch and the kids were amazed. Tram tour one last time and cars ride and slinky done again.
Once again missed lunch as having so much fun so headed out for an early dinner at the Steakhouse in the villiage. I love this restaurant always a must on our visits. No waiting for a table, lovely waitress and fabulous food. OK so not the cheapest but certainly worth the treat!  Headed back to the hotel where we packed out cases ready for the trip home and killed the rest of the evening in the pool. Couple of hours fun here kids exhausted as well as us. Back for a restful nights sleep.

Day 5
Last da, sad times,  Luggage dropped off, check out done and off to Plaza Gardens for breakfast. Nice touch for our last day. Breakfast selection the same as the hotel. Surroundings lovely! Took in a few last rides for the day Buzz, obviously, nautilis, pirates, small world, casey jr, storybook land, Peter Pans Flight (fast pass), snow white and Pinocchio. Hit the Christmas shop to buy a decoration for my tree (holiday tradition to get a tree decoration from all of the places we visit). Spent the last of our money and treated the boys to one last present. They picked the Vinylmation Pixar Series 2.  Extra Lucky to have gotten the rare Mrs Incredible Elastigirl Variant!!! As we were just about to head out we spied Daisy Duck and Pluto so just enough time for a couple last autographs and pictures!!!  As we walked back through the village we always look into café Mickey to see whos out entertain and saw Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh in there. Never seen him before so ended our Disney adventure very nicely.

Overall we have had an amazing five days! Lots of characters met, not sure if we were lucky or if they put extra characters out as it was the French half term as well. Sunshine everyday, certainly didn't need all of the winter clothes we had packed!!!  Great food and plenty of choice if your on a budget. Earl of Sandwich is a great addition to the Village sandwiches, soups, pastas and pizza. All freshly made and fast efficient service.

Can not wait until our next trip!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gemma W

Ah sounds fab! We were there only a couple of weeks before you and we were also very lucky with the weather. Glad you had a lovely time :)

polar vixen

Brilliant report!  I am curious about the character meets, was it just good timing or are these characters usually out?  Whereabouts did you see the ugly sisters and tigger and eeyore please?  My 3rd ds loves tigger but we've yet to see him for pictures, after being there every year for 3 years aswell!  Also whereabouts were captain hook and smee?  and what times?  We saw so few characters last time, we were really dissappointed, so would love to find some more.
Thanks for sharing!

susieq

Hi,

Tigger and Eeyore were in front of Plaza gardens restaurant. Every day around lunch time. They were out for a good couple of hours with the odd five minute break.  Smee and Captin Hook were in a small covered area as you walked from Fantasyland into Adventureland, as you walk under the archway on the left there is a covered area and they seemed to be there alternating with Peter pan and Wendy, again for a good hour in the early afternoon.

The ugly sisters were based by The Sword in the Stone just through the castle.

It says on the programme the characters were out between 11am and 3pm and this was generally the case.  Also forgot to mention that whilst we were waiting to meet Tigger by Plaza Gardens Sleepy Beauty, Snow white, Cinderella and  Belle all walked past and waved and spoke with a few of the little girls!!! I have boys so they weren't that bothered but quite a rare sighting!

Enjoy your trip x

polar vixen

WOW!  :o  That sounds brilliant!  I am so glad I read your report, I don't know how we kept missing charaacters last time especially, but I know where and when to hang out now, THANK YOU!

polar vixen

Oh, also, how easy was the trip in Paris, i'm quite nervous as I've 4  little ones, 2 with autism who can't take alot of panic or rush so i'm nervous about there being a scrum train wise as there seems to be every time we catch a train in England...A ny tips would be very appreciated. x

BoristheSpider

Polar vixen, I'd be surprised if you didn't spot Tigger on your next trip. He was everywhere! He literally followed me around the hotel shop one morning passing me things ha x

BlackPearl