2 yr old sharing food from our plates

Started by SGregory27, February 06, 2014, 12:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGregory27

Going in couple of months and I was wondering about restaurants policy about a 2yr olds sharing off our plates or sharing her sisters food. 

I heard that Buffets let under 3ys eat for free but what about table service restaurants?

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

never2old

Yes, if you want them to eat off your plates in the table service there is no problem  :D

haribosmum

Under 3s don't have to have their own food.  Is easier in buffets where you can get them something.
Depending on age of sister, can always ask for an extra plate and just split the meal (and add things in from yours etc too)  We had this before (not at Disney) where there wasn't a kids menu so they all had burgers and the kitchen cut them in half and served on separate plates. 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Rosy25

My daughter turns two over there and my son is just gone three so I think I will order one dinner between them like chicken nuggets and chips or something. If I didn't it would probably the one time they'd eat all our food haha! ;) My son will get charged for the buffets even though I'd say he will eat nothing! I'm not sure what I'll order them in cafe Mickey I might just get the pizza and share it maybe a bowl of plain pasta they'll be keeping room for the birthday cake I've ordered!! I wonder how big the cake is there's only the 4 of us going!

SGregory27

Thanks, The 2yr can eat almost as much as her 5yr sister but we are there for 4 nts and the more tired they are the less they eat.

Last year we took our own food for the little one and 4y (as she was then) had her own food, we stay for 3 nts and on last night she sat on the floor under the table at the steak house half a sleep and eat 2 chips and a tiny piece of chicken.

So we may end up with buying them both a meal the first two nights and them sharing on the last two night.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

pialykke

Quote from: Rosy25 on February 06, 2014, 06:00:38 PM
My daughter turns two over there and my son is just gone three so I think I will order one dinner between them like chicken nuggets and chips or something. If I didn't it would probably the one time they'd eat all our food haha! ;) My son will get charged for the buffets even though I'd say he will eat nothing! I'm not sure what I'll order them in cafe Mickey I might just get the pizza and share it maybe a bowl of plain pasta they'll be keeping room for the birthday cake I've ordered!! I wonder how big the cake is there's only the 4 of us going!
We were in Cafe Mickey when they brought out a birthday cake - it's huge! Plenty for 4 people!! :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Rosy25

Haha we better let room for dessert!! ;) my son will be delighted he loves chocolate cake  :P

Samninetysix

Quote from: Rosy25 on February 06, 2014, 06:00:38 PM

To be honest, the way that DLRP are penny pinching on the quality of the food lately, the last thing I'd give my kids there would be chicken nuggets, I hate to think what would be in them  :-\