help with transfers pls :)

Started by Gemma W, January 12, 2014, 09:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemma W

Hi. We are off to DLP in 19 days and so I am now just trying to make sure we have everything sorted. However I am getting a little worried about the transfer from CDG so wondered if anyone could help. I am looking at the prices and times for the TER and wonder if I should be booking before I go or whether it is easy enough to do once there? Also is it the same prince if you buy your ticket on the platform? If we do buy before we go what if I have got the timings wrong or there is a delay on our flight? Last question... my little girl has just turned 4 and it says under 4's travel free so would you take that as 4 and unders being free or should we be paying for her too? It just seems like such a lot of money for a 10 min journey!

Any help or tips would be much appreciated!

DLRP Roundup!

It's €3 more than the bus but so so so so so so so much quicker.

Buy your tickets on the platform that way you don't need to worry about time (pink shop).

Also they've never cared about us having the wrong ticket but I presume that's because we never sit down outside the cafe car or we stand in the door ways. We sat the first time but it's more hassle than it's worth, you move at full speed for about 4 mins.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Sly_Racoon

TGV is best and fastest, 10 minutes, not even time to take your seats.
You can buy at the station, we always buy in advance online for peace of mind so we can just turn up and hop on.  If you buy online choose the flexible ticket that is ammendable.  Once or twice we have missed our TGV due to late flight and once switched to an earlier train, just popped in the shop with ticket and they changed it.

captain rocket

How many of you are travelling? The price for the TGV would mean you would have to pay for your child, so if there are three or more of you travelling, you may find it as cheap to book a private transfer. They collect you from a nominated spot and take you direct to the front door of your hotel, its just so convenient! I usually go in a group of two so we usually go on the TGV, but the times can sometimes mean a wait at CDG and the price is outrageous for the time on board but it is convenient! Whichever way you travel, have a great trip!

dhidra

We didn't book tickets beforehand, and when we arrived at the station the next 2 trains were fully booked and we had to wait an hour. So  I would book in advance.

captain rocket, can you give ore info about the private transfer? Who provides it and how much does it cost?
1st visit - May 1992 - Hotel Santa Fe - age 9!
2nd visit - March 2005 - day trip
3rd visit - July 2006 - Hotel Santa Fe
4th visit - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel
***5th visit May 2014 - Hotel New York***

captain rocket

There are several companies offering private transfers and everyone has their favourite! I use a company called RS transport, have never had any problems with them and have recommended them on this site with good feedback.
You can either book a private transfer or a shared transfer. Private, as it says is just that and your group goes straight from CDG to your hotel. Shared transfers mean that you may have to wait a while until the group you are travelling with arrive, of course, they may have to wait for you!
Shared transfers are cheaper. With RS you can pay in advance or pay the driver. i always pay the driver, although it costs slightly more.
They use vans which can hold up to 7 people. I have regularly booked a private transfer only to find we are the only group on board!
RS give you a door number (all doors at CDG are numbered) to meet them outside of.
Hope this helps, just google RS transport or transfers CDG to Disneyland

fd1972uk

Thanks for that Capt Rocket, decent rates.  I did use the VEA before and it was very good, but a private shuttle seems good, although a shared seems decent too and is also an option to save a bit of money too.

The train does sound quite good, but then again the shuttle would drop you right outside your hotel door whilst the train would only take you to the station and then you'd need to grab a taxi or walk.

FD

hawian rollercoaster

Anyone have a link to vea re times from cdg ?

DLRP Roundup!

The Roundup

hawian rollercoaster

Thank u took taxis the last view trips how long is the vea transfer 45 mins ?

DLRP Roundup!

Slightly longer, about an hour until the first hotel, can be about 20/30 minutes though visiting them all.
The Roundup