Cowboy Cookout Barbecue — Frontierland

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tink's

Just booked for lunch at the cowboy cookout for August, our first DLRP trip, VERY excited!!! Glad I have because another thread say's the Character meals here end in November for good.

We're on full board standard, from what I can see we'd need to use our 'dinner' voucher here, am I correct?

Thanks xx

kelliejayne

Hi we did lunch there yesterday and yes we had to book. People without reservations were being turned away. The food was ok but we went purely for the character experience which was wonderful!! We met Jessie, woody, Donald, Pluto, tigger and eeyore and they each spent plenty of time at each table and came round more than once. My son was dressed as woody so a CM made sure jessy and woody came over together for a photo and a dance. The cowboy band are a great touch as well it was a really fun way to end our trip

kelliejayne

This week we had Pluto, eeyore, tigger, Donald, goofy, woody and Jessie. They weren't dressed in cowboy outfits apart from woody and Jessie obviously.

minnieme

We did lunch here at the start of June - prebooked. 4 adults, 4 kids (ages 2-8).

It was pretty busy but we got a table. We really enjoyed the food. There was a lot of it!! I had a half bbq chicken and it was lovely. We saw Woody, Tigger, Pinnocchio, Pluto, Donald, Daisy and Jesse. Only downside was Woody went around to each table and ours was last. The CM tried to take him away, presumably for his break, but our kids, who were holding autograph books, jumped up and asked for a quick autograph. Woody snatched our sons book, slammed it onto the table and signed it. So the other 3 thrust books at him and he got stroppy. So my brother said, "Could you not just do the last 3 books and have a photo. We are the last table and they have waited 15 mins". So he did but wasnt happy about it. The kids were not that bothered but we were a bit disappointed as it was such a good experience until then.

We will def go again next year. Well worth the money - food was great and exactly what we expected, the atmosphere was brilliant, the live band were good and the character interaction was great (apart from the stroppy cowboy - but I have forgiven him!!).

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

flickmcktur

Have booked my table for lunch on aug 29th so excited normally one of the best bits of our trips!!
Can't wait had to go here again before it stops (very annoyed about that). We have been there three times (once on all our visits since first taking the kids for details see my post above) its there fave part. They love eating at Woodys restaurant and know they have to be good for mickey mouse and eat up all the dinner (they are 3 and 4 and dont like eating). It will be our first time at the lunch we normally go to the tea so x fingers its as good. Only thing I will say is make sure your flash works as its pretty dark inside the restaurant.

Pluto2011Pluto

What restaurant will the characters that normally meet 'n' greet in cowboy cookout restaurant  meet 'n' greet  in March 2013.

March 21st to 25th 2013 to be pisces.

hawian rollercoaster

Anyone been recently. Is the menu just the same without the characters.

Anthony

Menu information updated:

Character Dining no longer offered, menu has reverted to more standard counter service fayre.

Figgygirl

Have they stopped doing the Veggie burger that was added to the menu later? That would be a great shame if so.

stevenlatham01

Where can you dine with Woody and Jessie now?

pialykke

I'm so sad to hear that there is no longer character lunch/dinner here!
We went here in March '12 for a booked lunch, and it was the best experience of the week (that and breakfast at Cafe Mickey).

Does anyone know the reason why it has been cancelled at all??
And yes, where can you go to meet Woody and Jessie now? (We had Woody at our lunch, but never saw Jessie anywhere...  :cry:   )

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

cyrilthemilkman

Hi, We're off here in January 2014, and my kids are mad on cowboys and Woody in particular, and we wanted to incorporate this into our trip.  Can someone confirm if the characters still wander around the restaurant.  I see there is talk that it had been scrapped, but in some areas on the interweb i've seen it is still a character dining experience.

haribosmum

Sorry - not a character restaurant anymore.  I don't know if they may still have some interaction outside at times - when we went last Woody was stood pretending to be a statue before the restaurant actually opened.    The dlp website only lists inventions, café mickey and auberge as character dining now.

Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Ravenseye

We were there during our September visit and there were no characters inside.
It was your regular long queue to purchase burgers/fries etc... However, the characters did appear outside and spent quite awhile interacting. Woody was there plus Chip and Dale and cowboy Goofy.
The 'cowboy' band played from 1pm though which was a nice touch  :)
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...