Do you ever email hotel in advance to request a nice room?

Started by Disney Mum, December 12, 2013, 05:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Mum

We are staying at the Sequoia Lodge next week, we have only booked one of the rooms n the lodges and will be quite happy if that is where we end up, though everytime we have been before we have been upgraded for free to a room in the main building, but always one with a really grotty view, for instance a/c ducts over the roof of the restaurant or similar. I actually think I would prefer to be in the lodge with a nicer view!

Previously we have always said we don't mind what the room is like, as long as it is clean and well maintained, as we spend very little time in our room anyway, but last year at the Newport Bay we were spoiled and got upgraded to a balcony room with lake view and it was lovely to look out at night while the children fell asleep.  So this year I am tempted to send an email, just explaining that we are very excited about our upcoming 11th trip to DLP and that whilst I appreciate no rooms requests can be guaranteed, we would really appreciate it if they would allocate us a nice room (or at least one that doesn't overlook a/c ducts or similar).

Also, we have genuinely had a really really bad year and desperately need our fix of DLP magic far more than normal, but it feels really cheeky/inappropriate mentioning any of it in an email.  But I have heard of people writing and telling them about what a difficult time they have had, who have then had a special surprise organised for them by the CMs on arrival.

Has anyone done this before? What did you write and did it work?

DLP - Magic Circus Sep06, SQL Feb07, Cheyenne Apr07, Sequoia Xmas07, SQL Jun09, HNY Sep10, SF Mar11, Cheyenne Jun12, NPBC Oct12, Cheyenne Mar13 soon SQL Dec13

Florida - Intnl Drive Aug88, Comfort Suites May08, LBV Resort Village Sep09, POR AR Aug/Sep11 soon Encantada/DCL Oct/Nov14

Alexz

I have done this several times before, but not when we visited DLP though. And a couple of times it worked and we got a better room upon arrival. I don't think it hurts to try!
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

Ravenseye

I emailed the Santa Fe a couple of weeks in advance of our trip and requested a room, stating my preferences. The answer was it would be noted on my booking ref. and on arrival it had been fulfilled. Perfect!  ;D 
I realise your trip is imminent, but I would still try if I were you. Let us know how you get on  :D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Disney Mum

Thanks, I will email them today, we check in on Sunday afternoon, so hopefully it gives them time to put us in a room not overlooking the A/C ducts.  I think they only allocate rooms 4days in advance anyway, so am only 1 day late.  I will let you know how we get on, thanks  ;)

DLP - Magic Circus Sep06, SQL Feb07, Cheyenne Apr07, Sequoia Xmas07, SQL Jun09, HNY Sep10, SF Mar11, Cheyenne Jun12, NPBC Oct12, Cheyenne Mar13 soon SQL Dec13

Florida - Intnl Drive Aug88, Comfort Suites May08, LBV Resort Village Sep09, POR AR Aug/Sep11 soon Encantada/DCL Oct/Nov14

Zee79

Hopefully you will have some luck. We emailed a few days before we went including asking for a friend to be placed near us, we heard nothing back and did not have it fulfilled. However, they did try to accommodate us when we asked at reception.

Ravenseye

Quote from: Zee79 on December 13, 2013, 04:59:02 PM
Hopefully you will have some luck. We emailed a few days before we went including asking for a friend to be placed near us, we heard nothing back and did not have it fulfilled. However, they did try to accommodate us when we asked at reception.

On arrival at the Santa Fe on our last trip we found that, although my request for room level etc...had been fulfilled, my (adult) son had been put in a completely different block to us. He sorted it out while my fiance and I went to our room, and within ten minutes Filipa from reception was knocking on our door to apologise (!) for the mix up and informing us where my son's room was. They had also placed chocolate coins and mineral water in his room too, which was a nice touch.
It's always worth asking IMO. ;D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

sarahh83

First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

amanda08

jaymiej

grovesie

Hello,

I phone the hotel direct, give them the reservation number and ask them our requirements, so far all have been granted.

grovesie