Space Mountain

Started by Owain, March 08, 2007, 11:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x-charlotte-x

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"
Quote from: "x-charlotte-x"I'd love to be on SM when it broke down and for all the lights to be turned on, it'd be great to see all the track!  :D
I'v been on the SM in Paris and the one in Florida and athough they're both great i prefare the Paris one, it's just so much more exciting and faster.  :P
i have actually just found a video of SM with the lights on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoEd8rGhKEM

That looks cool, the drops feel a lot bigger than they actually look when you can't see them.

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Lordofthemightybeasts

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Yii9q41KQ

Here's a video of Space Mountain: De La Terre à La Lune with the lights on after the train stopped on Lift B. Notice that it is the only train inside the mountain, which suggests the breakdown occured in the cannon... or it was just quiet.

Anonymous

That first video isn't the DLRP Space Mountain though is it? It looks really tame compared to our version.

Patrick

The first video is of Florida's much older version of Space Mountain, it is much more tame and includes no inversions or the victorian themeing space mountain in Paris has :wink: .

x-charlotte-x

I think it'd be quite exciting to have to get out of the cars and walk out of SM, it'd certainly add to the magic and be a unique experience getting to have a look around with all the lights on.   :ears:

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

disney_dudette

I've only been to paris but Iwant to know how many loops are in the one at the other parks... please can any one help me?
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust

mehdi5

Quote from: "disney_dudette"I've only been to paris but Iwant to know how many loops are in the one at the other parks... please can any one help me?
Do u mean how much loops the versions in the other parks have? if that is the case the answer is Paris is the only one with loops.

loaloa

Hello, today may 3rd on disney and more, full report on the building of   DLP space mountain with artwork and photos of the model !

Owain

:bump:  Does anyone no if the Cannon is moving again when it launches the rockets ?

Kristof

It wasn't past weekend and the weekend before, but the smoke was working.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Yeah. Those breaks in the cannon are for our own good

Filip

Does anyone know if the music during the ride and the cannon are working again, or if the plan to do something about it? at least for next summer season?

Nicholas-c

Our one doesn't seem to have as much known about it! :p

Warning: this is a video that contains our scarier ride with lights on (for 2:40)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Yii9q4 ... re=related
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Quote from: "Filip"Does anyone know if the music during the ride and the cannon are working again, or if the plan to do something about it? at least for next summer season?

The music works in some trains.  I'm told that its fixed every night, but breaks down again during the day.  (Although all trains had music past friday).

I haven't seen the recoil mechanism work for ages, but the smoke is still on, even inside the mountain at M.O.M. and the wormhole entrance.

ightenhill

Have any of the trains had new bearings recently , this ride seems to get rougher and rougher...
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]