Pre-trip requests

Started by glgittens85, December 03, 2013, 02:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glgittens85

Afternoon all

Without going into detail, I've had a rough few months which has made things quite difficult for my family. We are off to DLP in June and I have today emailed Sequoia Lodge to ask if there is anything they can do to make the trip just that little bit more special for us - particularly my little girl.

Has anyone put in requests like this before? Did they come back to you and do anything? Or am I holding my breath for nothing?

I expect they probably get alot of requests like this so I understand they cant honour all of them - I am just hoping we will be lucky!

cyrilthemilkman

I am about to do the same thing with Davy Crockett Ranch.  Kat13 on a previous topic gave me dlp.guest.communication@disney.com to email.  They responded back that they would be happy to cater for requests but I need to speak to the hotel directly over the phone.  It maybe worth dropping them a note.

Sulley's Arms

Hi

Sorry to hear you've been in a bad place this year.  Going to DLP will certainly help!

You ask about making the trip a little more special - what sort of thing do you have in mind here?  There are so many different ways to inject even more magic into your trip; give me a clue and I should be able to advise you better based on your wants  ;)

Sulley's Arms
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

daddyof2

I'd like to offer any help I can - we're going in June too, have a 3 year old little girl so may have some overlap. I've got a few ideas but all depends on your meaning of special.

gemma2806

I just got back from my trip to the Sequoia Lodge and I did email them some special requests and these were all met but I'm not sure if it was because they were being nice or if it's because we were returning customers.

I asked for a high floor with a really good lake view for my partner as he loves the view and the trip was part of a birthday treat. This was met and we were on the 7th floor (top) and the view was amazing just two rooms from the centre of the hotel so we had a fantastic panoramic view over lake Disney and the area.

I also requested if they could do something for my son as it was his first Christmas season stay and when we arrived they had put a complimentary Mickey Mouse plush toy on his bed. They also did a couple of extras but I'm not sure if this was because we stayed in the Golden Forest Club but it's definitely worth asking!

haribosmum

Think it all depends on who reads the email too.  We went last year for our honeymoon (along with 5yr old daughter)  and asked if there was anything they could do.  They sent a list with prices on :-)  so didn't get anything other than what we paid for.
Though when I went the year before to the Pink Hotel, we had told them we were arriving on my birthday.  I did get a card from Mickey mouse and our room was in a perfect location (not sure if that was just a co-incidence).
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Disneyprincesswannab

We went to HNY in July for my daughter's 17th birthday-we have gone annually since she was 6-and I wrote to the hotel for something a bit special-nothing done though-not even a greeting, chocolate on the bed or a balloon. Was glad I hadn't told her as she would have been disappointed-instead it was just me. flagged my disappointment up on the feedback form too but never heard back to either communication. :(