DLP World of Disney Store Limited Edition Lithographs

Started by Disney Mum, October 27, 2013, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Mum

I am hoping someone with a little more knowledge of Disney limited edition products can help me with this.

Last time we went to DLP we purchased several limited edition DLP World of Disney Store Lithographs.  These lithographs are prints of the same pictures to be found inside the lantern/dome of the DLP World of Disney store and are by Mike Kungl.

Since leaving we have ordered more prints and now have 8 out of the pictures that you can see in the roof of the store (Nemo, UP!, Aladdin, Lion King, Mulan, Stitch, Peter Pan & Ratatouille).  The only ones we don't have are the Toy Story/Cars dessert picture and the Tarzan one.
What is confusing me is that the ladies in the mail order department insist that these pictures have never been sold at DLP and they have no product code for them  But if the other 8 that I have are exclusive to DLP and are copies of the pictures in the DLP World Of Disney store, why don't they sell these last pictures?  Or do you think they just haven't released them yet?  Each picture is a limited edition of 500 prints, we had to wait for the Mulan one to be released so I guess they are staged releases.

Can anyone tell me which prints are available in the store at the moment?  I really don't want to miss out on the last two to complete our collection..  I keep harassing the poor ladies in the DLP Mail Order department just in case they comes in, hopefully it will come in before our December trip and so we can complete the set and get them all framed.
Thanks  :)

DLP - Magic Circus Sep06, SQL Feb07, Cheyenne Apr07, Sequoia Xmas07, SQL Jun09, HNY Sep10, SF Mar11, Cheyenne Jun12, NPBC Oct12, Cheyenne Mar13 soon SQL Dec13

Florida - Intnl Drive Aug88, Comfort Suites May08, LBV Resort Village Sep09, POR AR Aug/Sep11 soon Encantada/DCL Oct/Nov14

never2old

I didn't know you could order them via mail!! When they first came out I asked them and they said they were sold only in the WOD store and couldn't be ordered through the mail order service.

When we where in there last month I saw they had the Mulan and the Up litographs, I haven't seen the Cars or Tarzan ones yet, so it's probable that they haven't been released yet.

I have the Peter Pan and the Ratatouille one, I love them  :D

Disney Mum

Quote from: never2old on November 06, 2013, 11:55:04 AM
I didn't know you could order them via mail!! When they first came out I asked them and they said they were sold only in the WOD store and couldn't be ordered through the mail order service.

When we where in there last month I saw they had the Mulan and the Up litographs, I haven't seen the Cars or Tarzan ones yet, so it's probable that they haven't been released yet.

I have the Peter Pan and the Ratatouille one, I love them  :D

They are lovely, Peter Pan is one of my favourites, you can order them through the DLP Mail Order, I have emailed asking for specific ones, they emailed me back with prices etc and then I had to send payment details, it's not very sophisticated and I deliberately split up my emails with payment details for security reasons, there is no way to pay by paypal or online payment, but you could call and give your card details over the phone.

Last I heard they said no new ones would be released until next year, but they have released the earlier ones much quicker than that, Mulan was the last to be released in July and I have collected 8 in 12months, so it seems strange to wait so long to release the next batch.

DLP - Magic Circus Sep06, SQL Feb07, Cheyenne Apr07, Sequoia Xmas07, SQL Jun09, HNY Sep10, SF Mar11, Cheyenne Jun12, NPBC Oct12, Cheyenne Mar13 soon SQL Dec13

Florida - Intnl Drive Aug88, Comfort Suites May08, LBV Resort Village Sep09, POR AR Aug/Sep11 soon Encantada/DCL Oct/Nov14