AP - Explain Please

Started by theminders, November 17, 2013, 10:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theminders

Hi, Can u explain this to me please. We are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids, 7,5,3. We are thinking about going to Disneyland for Xmas and again next summer.  Should we go for the Annual Pass? When is the AP activated, is it from date you buy it or from 1st date you enter Park?  Also, do they have an option for 3/4 days AP for us all? Are our names on the tickets? or could I bring someone else on the ticket the next time I go?
A bit confused?
Thanks,

idylles

If you're going to Paris for more than three days a year, an annual pass is cheaper.  If you're going three days or less, don't buy it. 

There are three annual passes: Francilien, Fantasy and Dream and you can find all the info on this page http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/booking/annual-passports/ 

In short, the more you pay for the annual pass (Francilien is the cheapest), the more discounts you get in shops and hotels and the more days you can access the parks with your pass.  You do have to note that Francilien and Fantasy have block days. 

And I think if a family buys Fantasy or Dream passes together, they get a discount.  I'm not sure though, it used to be like this.  If you buy 5 passes, you'll get a discount.  So you're in luck. 

The Francilien pass cannot be used on the two days following its purchase but I think you can use the other two passes on the day of purchase, everything is on the page I linked you to. 
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

HFJohnson

The only way to know if an AP is worth it is to sit down and work out the costs of the different options. Will you be staying onsite or offsite? If offsite then you need to take in account the block out days that apply to the Fantasy AP (the Francillien isn't usually an option because you can't use it on day two and three).

APs are valid from the date you exchange your paper ticket (if buying them in advance online) for a proper photocard in the park. Each person will have their own pass with their photo on it so they can't be used by anyone else.

Samninetysix

AP's have both name and photo on them and DO get checked randomly at the gates. Dream passes can be purchased as a temporary pass at the gates and turned into main plastic AP's at the passport bureau just outside Discoveryland and you are allowed in on the same day for Dream AP's. My family and I have these and we save a fortune. the initial outlay is a little expensive but if you go even twice in the 12 month period (depending on length of stay, how much and where you eat, what hotels you stay in & how much merchandise you buy) you will save money. We've got 45% off a stay of 2 nights or more at the DLH and saved more than the cost of at least one of our AP's - that's just on a 2 day stay, add to that the discount we'll get off meals and merchandise and the saving is even higher. You do get good discounts on tickets for friends and family if you buy them ordinary tickets.