Hidden Extras & Secret Gems

Started by bad-pink-tink, November 10, 2013, 09:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

Quote from: never2old on November 14, 2013, 09:25:01 AM
Quote from: ed-uk on November 14, 2013, 02:29:37 AM
We got out of the boat and ran back stage into the control for the Pirates of the Caribbean once, that was one hidden extra we weren't planning on doing. Boy and were they cross. >:(

you did what  :o :o :o :o ??? ?

The ride broke down. We thought we would get in one more ride before leaving the resort and the ride broke down, we only had 30 minutes left before we had to catch the Euro Star home. :o [size=78%] Luckily for us the boat came to a stop beside some steps and an exit door, so we could get out of the boat without getting into the water and rush back stage. We followed two maintenance men into the control room, they weren't very pleased to see us in French but we didn't have much choice, we didn't want to miss our train back home, one of them understood enough English to lead us out. Anyway we did get a sort of VIP back stage tour and saw the hidden secrets of the control room. [/size] We never go on a ride after lunchtime now on our last day just in case. ;)
Ed & David

never2old

Aaaah.... For a moment there I thought you had jumped out of the boats in the middle of the ride and made a run for it  ;D ;D

RockNRoller

If you can get to them check out the benches in the area around Ratatouille (I really need to learn to spell) Look specifically at the metal work. Cant take credit for this, read it somewhere else on this forum but as a detail I love it
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

mnewcourt

Quote from: RockNRoller on November 19, 2013, 01:31:34 PM
If you can get to them check out the benches in the area around Ratatouille (I really need to learn to spell) Look specifically at the metal work. Cant take credit for this, read it somewhere else on this forum but as a detail I love it
Is there a hidden Mickey in there?

RockNRoller

Quote from: mnewcourt on November 19, 2013, 03:45:01 PM
Quote from: RockNRoller on November 19, 2013, 01:31:34 PM
Is there a hidden Mickey in there?
Not quite a mouse, more of a rat  ;)
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

mnewcourt

Alright then. I'll check it out next time. :)

bad-pink-tink

I found this buried deep in the back pages of the forum

Quote from: Lordofthemightybeasts on March 24, 2007, 11:18:42 AM
Secrets, hmmm...

Okay- go to Adventure Isle and try to find a little clearing at ground level to the East (taking Main Street as pointing due North) of the large suspension bridge. You should notice a rather large, flat rock. If you push one side it will roll over on a central pivot.

In Boot Hill, the graveyard at the exit of Phantom Manor, look for a large metal sarcophogus grave. If you press your ear up against it you should hear a faint heartbeat from inside it.

There are loads inside Sleeping Beauty's Castle. On the first floor inside the castle there is a large oval window pointing towards main street. Every few second the image on it changes from a rose to a dove.
In a nearby scene there are two suits of armour. Listen closely and you can hear them snoring.
Next to that is a stone statue of Malificent's raven. If you take a flash photo of it you should notice that its eyes briefly glow red.
And, if you didn't know, a huge animatronic dragon is to be found lurking underneath the castle.

Right, Pirates Of The Caribbean. In the interior queue you will walk past a barred window looking into a room with a broken floor and a chandelier with a skeleton lying on it. Near the end of the actual ride, in the scene with the skeletons drinking in the bar, look up at the broken ceiling and you will see that same chandelier from earlier.

At the entrance to Adventureland look up along the top of the wall stretching from the left of the entrance. There is a large bird (the Roc bird from Arabian legends) egg sitting on top of the wall in a nest.

On Big Thunder Mountain, when you're on the first chain lift through the tunnel. Look down and ahead on your right by the waterfalls. You should notice an opening in the rock and some train tracks. This is where the trains rush by as they enter the last tunnel before the big drop underwater. If you're lucky you might also see a train shoot past.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...  <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

I found it in this thread https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=1757.0 and there are loads more little secrets like this
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Festival Disney

That rock in adverntureland broke a couple of years ago and was subsequently cemented in place, so it can't move anymore!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: Festival Disney on November 20, 2013, 11:39:44 PM
That rock in adverntureland broke a couple of years ago and was subsequently cemented in place, so it can't move anymore!

thanks for that, I would have felt very silly trying this when it dosnt work anymore
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

shewholaughs

Darn, I was looking forward to pushing that rock  :'(

Would love to know of anymore secret-y bits - there doesn't seem to be as much about DLP online as the other parks.

Disney Mum

Not sure if it's classed as a secret or not, but one of our great tips is to do the animation/illustration class at the end of the Art of Animation attraction. You don't have to go through the attraction, a CM will tell you times an illustrator will be there teaching you how to draw.  But at the beginning of the class ask the illustrator if you can have their picture at the end of the class, they will sign it and you can take it home.  We have 3 from our last trip, Disney originals!  As well as our own, slightly less perfect artwork.

DLP - Magic Circus Sep06, SQL Feb07, Cheyenne Apr07, Sequoia Xmas07, SQL Jun09, HNY Sep10, SF Mar11, Cheyenne Jun12, NPBC Oct12, Cheyenne Mar13 soon SQL Dec13

Florida - Intnl Drive Aug88, Comfort Suites May08, LBV Resort Village Sep09, POR AR Aug/Sep11 soon Encantada/DCL Oct/Nov14

jackieann

Hi

Buffalo bills wild west show do have a walk through in the village, saw it in August 2012. Its about 5.30 ish from memory.

Jackie