Disney's Dreams of Christmas - Nightime spectacular (2013)

Started by DLRP Roundup!, August 28, 2013, 11:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLRP Roundup!

The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

captain rocket

I did'nt think that the Christmas version was as good as "ordinary" Dreams and I wonder why DLRP would take such a risk, basing the show on an unreleased film? Imagine watching this show next year if Frozen had been consigned to an early DVD release and DLRP could'nt afford to update it!
The same thing applies to Disney Magic on Parade, amending the princess float, dumping Ariel and Tiana for two lovely ladies that no one currently knows! How will the frozen float look on a baking hot August day?

ed-uk

I haven't seen it in person only the "ordinary" Dreams and for sure Disney Dreams of Christmas doesn't look as spectacular with less fireworks, but I've only seen it on video. Full marks to them for coming up with a Christmas version of the show and personally i think using Frozen in the show is a good way for Disney to push the film. It does work for me, there's lots of snow and ice in the film ( I've not seen it ) a snowman, it does fit with winter time and Christmas. They're creating synerg between the movie studios and the theme parks, that's what it's about these days. I suppose there is a risk if the film flops but Disney will be hoping like hell that it doesn't and i have high hopes for it coming after Tangled.
Ed & David

RockNRoller

Quote from: captain rocket on November 21, 2013, 11:37:58 AM
The same thing applies to Disney Magic on Parade, amending the princess float, dumping Ariel and Tiana for two lovely ladies that no one currently knows! How will the frozen float look on a baking hot August day?
I would hope that Ariel and Tiana would come back in the hotter times. Surely they havent rebuilt the Ariel Tianna float just to make the Frozen one? (Sorry I have yet to see the parade in either form, Ive been banned from watching videos until after our visit next week)
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

captain rocket

I did'nt know if I should  reply before your visit, so don't read on if you don't want to know before you go!
The float has indeed been rebuilt for frozen, the front has been amended but the back still has the swing with Rapunzel on it. Have a great visit.

RockNRoller

Quote from: captain rocket on November 22, 2013, 01:08:04 PM
I did'nt know if I should  reply before your visit, so don't read on if you don't want to know before you go!
The float has indeed been rebuilt for frozen, the front has been amended but the back still has the swing with Rapunzel on it. Have a great visit.
Aww now youve gone and spoiled it  ;D . Kidding, actually Id rather know before for me half the anticipation is knowing what Im going to find, thats why I come on the forum. My wife likes the surprise so I wont be telling her. I wonder if that portion of the float is interchangeable so they can swap between Frozen and the ladies. Be interesting to see what happens when the weather improves.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Simba 27

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Kristof

Throwing these in from earlier this month. More here.

A whole lot more right here!