DLH - Two Practicality Questions

Started by Yorkieal, November 11, 2013, 05:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorkieal

Hi guys
Just wondering if someone can help me with a couple of practical questions regards the DLH/Resort. We're coming on the Eurostar and staying at the DLH, what I need to know is;
1) Sounds daft, but how do you get to the DLH Reception (on foot) from the Eurostar/RER terminal? I assume you don't go through the security point? Just wondered if there's a path/road that leads you round the side?

2) I'm a keen runner and will be needing to get some mileage in whilst at the resort. I usually get up early doors , 5am, to get a run in before work and was planning to the do the same (just without the work part) whilst in the resort. From the DLH can I get round to the lake at this time during the morning?
I've mapped a nice little 5K route online from the village round the lake, hotels etc but it's just a case of me getting through/round the village to get started..... ???

bad-pink-tink

The train station is between Disneyland Hotel and Disney village. I havent stayed in Disneyland Hotel so I dont know transportation from the train station. All the other hotel hotels have a shuttle bus just beside the train station, but as Disneyland Hotel is right by the park maybe someone who has stayed there will know better

2. Yes you will be able to do your run  :)
The entrance to the park is beside Disneyland Hotel. The village, up around the hotels etc are not closed off when the park closes.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

ed-uk

Quote from: Yorkieal on November 11, 2013, 05:18:14 PM
Hi guys
Just wondering if someone can help me with a couple of practical questions regards the DLH/Resort. We're coming on the Eurostar and staying at the DLH, what I need to know is;
1) Sounds daft, but how do you get to the DLH Reception (on foot) from the Eurostar/RER terminal? I assume you don't go through the security point? Just wondered if there's a path/road that leads you round the side?

2) I'm a keen runner and will be needing to get some mileage in whilst at the resort. I usually get up early doors , 5am, to get a run in before work and was planning to the do the same (just without the work part) whilst in the resort. From the DLH can I get round to the lake at this time during the morning?
I've mapped a nice little 5K route online from the village round the lake, hotels etc but it's just a case of me getting through/round the village to get started..... ???

1) We've stayed at the DLH, you can walk from the Station. When you come out of the station turn right away from Disney Village and the buses. Your luggage will have to go through a security point as you approach the hotel which is a few minutes walk. The hotel entrance and reception is on the right as you walk towards the hotel and theme park entrance.
Ed & David

haribosmum

Yes you do go through the security check points as if you're going to the parks.  Head to the right  hand side and the doors are as you get to the gates.  I couldn't find the entrance my first time, it's not very well marked :-)  I think you probably can get on a yellow bus but quicker to walk :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20