Cheyenne or Sequoia Lodge, I can't decide..

Started by Discovery_Mountain, September 27, 2013, 11:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discovery_Mountain

Hey guys,

I have my holiday to DLRP booked already for the 1st December until the 6th December staying at the Cheyenne. I'm now starting to have second thoughts about the hotel and thinking I should maybe change it to Sequoia Lodge but I really can't decide.

I seem to get the impression that the Cheyenne will be more chaotic and basic while Sequoia Lodge will be more relaxed and slightly more up market and with a swimming pool.

I do however like how unique the Cheyenne is with the wild west theme and the Sequoia Lodge although based on a national park just seems like a standard hotel.

Any one has any thoughts who has stayed at both before?  There is just me and my girlfriend going so no kids to worry about.

Thanks Matt.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

SVioletS

I never stayed in the Cheyenne so i can't help you there... I stayed in Newport Bay in 2010 and Sequoia Lodge last October. And i really liked it! We were offered a room upgrade :D, and the breakfast was a lot more quiet than NPB (we went early), the rooms were nice, and the bar with the giant fireplace was great.
When we left they were starting to put up Christmas decorations, and i think that during that time the hotel with all the trees around must look beautiful!
So i would go for Sequoia! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

Zee79

We went to the cheyenne in December and it was manic in the dining area and bar.  Kids rushing around, parents pushing other children around just to ge to food- we had 5 kids with us and the eldest just stopped and stared at the fuss!Rooms are quiet so no problem when went to bed. The reception area looked nice with the christmas tree up.
We stayed in the sequoia in May and it felt 'dead', it was quiet but again a lot more noisy at meal times but not at manic. Rooms seem larger here.
It depends on what you are using the rooms for. Both comfy, great night sleep in both hotels. Sequoia has a larger bar area but you can often use the dining area as an overspill in the cheyenne.

We enjoyed both hotels.

Samninetysix

I would choose Sequoia over Cheyenne every time, apart from it being not so manic at breakfast times, it's also closer to walk to the parcs, not by much but closer. Having said that the walk from Cheyenne is quite pleasant.

jeakat24

Tricky one...

We've stayed at the Cheyenne as just a couple with no children and we've had a great time. We always go for really early breakfasts (just chuck on some clothes, eat breakfast and then go back to our room and get ready properly) and it's been quite quiet.

I've never stayed at the Sequoia Lodge but it does look beautiful at Christmas, the perfect hotel for the season in my opinion.

With regards to amenities it really depends on whether you think you'll use them. We tend to use the hotel as a place to rest our heads and not a lot else so having a pool, slightly extra space etc was never a factor for us (though don't get me wrong, I still dream about owning the huge bed we had when we stayed at a hotel New York!)

Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

BoristheSpider

We're going to Disneyland for the first time next Feb, I was ready to book up Cheyenne, but changed my mind to Sequoia.. not sure why!

Goodwinsplace

Never stayed at Sequoia, but stayed at Cheyenne before and it was fine.
The theme of the hotel was great, the rooms were as expected and the breakfast was busy but as long as you give yourself time or go early then it was fine.
The walk to the park was easier then as we had a buggy, thankfully our kids are a lot bigger now.

caspdex

We have stayed at both and much prefer Cheyenne, SL just too many corridors!

ed-uk

We've stayed at both and the Sequoia Lodge has proved to be one of our favourite Disney hotels over the years, in fact we've stayed there 7 times. It's more suitable for adults than the Cheyenne in my opinion especially at Christmas, and I prefer to stay in the main building rather than the lodges. However the Cheyenne is one of the best themed hotels at the resort.
Ed & David

gemma2806

Hi I've stayed in both hotels a few times both as a family and just with my partner.

If I had to choose between the two for the Christmas season it would definitely be Sequoia Lodge ( I'm actually staying there the week before you go!). The Christmas theme is amazing with the open log fire, the lights and individual trees around the hotel. The whole hotel fits perfectly with the theme in terms of colouring and decor as well. It is definitely more adult themed than the Cheyenne but don't let that fool you as there will still be plenty of children here to. If you want a pool on this visit however choose a different hotel as the Sequoia Lodge pool will be CLOSED for the duration of your stay. I have yet to get around to using the pool but this hasn't stopped me booking repeatedly!

The Cheyenne has excellent theming and it's brilliantly executed throughout. The hotel also has one of the best buffets in my opinion in the form of the Chuck Wagon. It's a meat lovers paradise but not so good if you're a vegetarian. I love this hotel but personally think it's much better suited for the summer months due to it's lay out. You cannot for example walk to the restaurants, bar, concierge, reception and the shop without first braving the elements whereas you can in the Sequoia. As I said not a concern in the warmer months but in Winter it's lovely to be able to move about in the warmth! Again the bar at the Sequoia is ideal for a cosy cuddle on the sofa but the Red Garter is better appreciated sitting outside on a warm evening.

The choice is yours at the end of the day but for a couple to really enjoy the Christmas season I would pick the Sequoia over the Cheyenne even with the hotel pool being unavailable at this time.

Discovery_Mountain

Hey Guys

Thank you so much for you input it's been really helpful!

Iv decided to changed my booking to the Sequoia Lodge, was only £52 extra to change.

I think it will be nicer during the Christmas period and maybe a little more of a mature choice.

The guy told me the pool would be closed when we are there but that doesn't really matter to me.

Once again thanks for you help guys! Not much longer to go now!

Matt.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

gemma2806

You will both have an amazing time Matt! Enjoy x