Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)

Started by mehdi5, March 02, 2007, 09:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehdi5

Some time ago i read an article and i was very suprised about something for the Prince of Persia movie we all knew Jerry Bruckheimer was involved but it seems Disney is making it with Jerry Bruckheimer they also worked on the pirates of the caribbean trilogy. Here's the logo

I can't wait for this movie the game was awesome. Sorry if this information has already been posted a while ago. I already knew this a whole while ago but it seems so cool.

Sigton

They are going to make a movie about that super extra hard video game :shock: ?!?!?!?!?

Filip

and maybe there could be then a new Attraction!  :D based on prince of persia,.... but I assume, it would be strange as Disney already has Aladdin

Anthony

Nice logo.  I guess they're hoping for a franchise to follow up POTC when that trilogy is complete - it already even has the subtitle "Sands of Time".

I just hope they go a different route to the quirkiness of POTC, yet don't make it as boring as National Treasure (which they're also for some reason attempting to franchise).

...And yeah, if this is a mega-hit I can definitely see it working at WDS!  Either a STT scene or an Indy-style EMV would be nice.  Are we getting ahead of ourselves? :P

penfold12

I read that they intend to make it a star lead movie that is a cross between Indiana Jones  & POTC. Sounds good to me!

Disneyana

Do you all already know which actors will take part in this movie ?
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Sigton

Quote from: "Disneyana"Do you all already know which actors will take part in this movie ?

I couldn't find anything on the internet that could give an answer :( and the movie is still in preproduction.
(an Indy-style EMV attraction would be perfect! :ears: )

Riebi

You can see some concept arts there:

:arrow: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19143

scrolling down
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Captain Pan

Do we have a cast list for this Yet as I've heard so many names being thrown about such as PotC star Orlando Bloom or unfortunately for many HSM/Hairspray Star Zac Effron...

Come on Orlando!

peep

How about no Orlando, he is turd, I have seen parrots act better than him.

It will be interesting to see on who they cast but everything seems to be in the dark, I think the only thing really announced since last year was that the team behind the CGI effects for The Golden Compass are doing the effects for this. Hmm, lets hope we hear more soon as it should be around now that filming would have begun.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

Well who could play the Prince?

IMDb.com has... Jake Gyllenhaal... And I think that is definitely the wrong choice... here's the source.
//http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473075/

peep

^Well he is a brilliant actor, not sure if he would fit in an adventure type movie like this. I'm sure time will tell.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

I always envisaged a British styled actor taking the lead... He's too annoying... for my liking.

Bloom for me is more Prince like... He reminds me so much of the one from the Game.

Anthony

Jake Gyllenhaal would be a good choice. He's big name but also quite different, a bit like a young Johnny Depp almost. Also infinitely better at acting and better looking (if we're playing that game) than Bloom, who fit Will perfectly but would still make me avoid any other film he's in.

But how about someone more Eastern or how would you say it - ethnically correct? - to play the role? I really liked the huge number of British people they got into the Pirates films to make sure it wasn't another U571. Disney are probably more than capable of finding someone brand new and more local who can handle it.

Captain Pan

I would consider that Ethnically correct but then... I'm not too entirely sure.

Was looking back through my DVD collection and Brandon Routh sprung to mind, or even Christian Bale (I like my Superhero Movies i think a little too much). I remember hearing rumors that if Bloom took the lead Depp would come and take a role... But I can't remember when or where i heard/saw this rumour.

Any one have any other ideas for the character simply known as the Prince (well i think that was just his name)?