22 - 26 September Trip Report

Started by Matts, September 28, 2004, 08:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matts

DAY 1

We woke up at 6 in the morning. We took the taxi to the airport which is pretty near the center of Warsaw. At 8:30 we took off and after 2:30 hours we landed at CDG. For the first time we took VEA shuttle bus (14 Euros) and after about an hour we were at the gates of Hotel New York. There were some people waiting to check-oin but it didn`t take long. When I was making the booking I asked for the smoking room with one double bed and on high-floor and I repeated the same at checking-in. Of course at that time the room wasn`t ready so we headed to the park. I must say that at the same time last year (we were at Disneyland for the first time together) there were fewer people than this year. We took Fast Pass for Big Thounder Mountain (although waiting time was only 5 minutes) and we went to eat something at Fuente del Oro restaurant – deux fois Menu Pluto avec Fajitas de poulet et coka :) After eating we went to use our Fast Passes and then to Haunted Mansion... we also walked a little around the park to kill the waiting time for the room. We returned to the hotel at about 3:30pm. Ofcourse we got a rong room. It was on the 6th (6201) floor but it was no-smoking so we changed it for a room on the ground floor but smoking one (we were told that there no smoking rooms left on the upper floors) When we got to the room (152) there were two single beds there... we were a little bit angry because we were repeating each time – smoking, one double bed and if possible on high floor... Fortunetely the guy called Conor (very kind one) found us a room on the 8th floor, smoking and with one double bed (8217). We had a small rest (we waited for our bags a little bit but after my call to the reception lagguages were in our room in few moments) and returned to the park. We rode nearly all major attractions for several times. Waiting times were about 5-15 minutes. I even rode RNRC for the first time (last year I was sick after eating something at the Studios and I couldn`t ride). The ride is great and the acceleration/blast off at the beggining – awsome. After that we did STT just before Studios closing. In the evening, just before park closing time we headed again to Big Thunder Mountain... after a ride I wanted to do it again so we went back to the entrance (closed after we re-entered, so we were the last entering attraction) and got loaded on the train... when we returned to the station everyone was screaming "one more time", "one more time"... so we were let to ride BTM again without getting off. We were very happy about this last special ride :) We returned to the hotel, took some cash and went to eat something at Annette's Diner – a cheese burger and a hot-dog were delicious and the beer tasted really good :) We were so tired that we went straight to the bed...

DAY 2

We woked up (I don`t really remember what time hehehe) and headed to Manhattan Restaurant to have a breakfast. There was a line and we waited for about 10minutes to be seated. The breakfast was really good. I mean, we stayed only at Cheyenne before and this breakfast was a heaven better. Then we headed to the Parks again. The weather was rather good – some clouds and no rain... I mean until the evening. Waiting times were the same as on Wednesday – 5-15 minutes so we had some ride we have never done before – It`s a small world, Snow White and the Seven Dwarws, Voyages of Pinochio and Carousel du Lancelot etc. It was really fun to do rather "children – rides". We also went for Stunt Show. It was nearly half full when we entered... and more and more people were coming in...  and in 5 minutes to the begining the audiance stage was full. After the show which is always great we decided to visit Val d`Europe shopping mall and La Vallee Village. The center is preatty large, cool shops, I think rather good prices... especially in La Vallee Village were prices for well known brands are about 30% lower than in other outlets. But we didn`t buy anything :( We had lunch there... we ate a lot and we payed only few euros more than the day before at Annette's Diner – mhhh it`s rather pricy in Disneyland :(

This evening we took PoTC two times without getting off because there were so few people hehehe. At 8pm there was a bussines soiree at the Park (there was a convention at our hotel) so when we were leaving the park many were entering. And we decided to make our own soiree at the bar drinking beer and drinks :)

DAY 3

It was a trip to Paris to visit old places, to walk on Champs-Elysee, to cach some new fashion trends at the shops at the Halles etc. We returned about 9pm to the hotel and we were about to leave to the Village for a beer but I fell asleap hehehe

DAY 4

When we looked out of the window we saw a parking nearly full with cars. The sun was shining so I fhink that many people headed to the park. I won`t tell you about the rides because we didn`t take many because of waiting times (we wanted BTM  and we even had Fast Passes for it but they had some technical problems and we were not told that the Fast Pass entrance is open till 6pm buuuu, we only did SM and PoTC... ohhh and Armagedon and RnRC at the Studios – unfortunetely only one time becuase there was someone important with body guards and he had a whole ride for himself, I wish I could a have a ride for myself :))

Nevertheless this was a really important day for us. We... I mean I decidec that we have to go on the Lion King Show. So about an hour before the show (english one at 1:15pm) we headed to Videopolis to stand in the line. There were not a lot of people but they didn`t seem to be in good mood... because they were not let in... and I was really angry too... and WHY??!! because new ticket system was introduced ofcourse without telling this to the guests (no information, no signs, nothing) and the tickets for the first 3 shows were distributed at 12. Hopefully we could stay long in the park so I asked about the last two shows and the guy (the funny one, doing the coin and rope tricks before show) told us to come back at 3pm... so we returned 20minutes to 3 and hopefully it was good for us that we returned earlier. There was a queue to get to the queue to get a ticket. The guy letting you to stand in the line for the tickets was counting everybody and every park ticket the person had (You get one ticket for Lion King show for one Park ticket, so if you want to take ticket for someone else you have to have the persons Park ticket). After ten minutes the guy stopped letting people in because the queue reached it`s maximum (I`m sorry for the ones who returned at 3pm like the guy said because they didn`t get the tickets) Exactly at 3pm they started to give the tickets. We were very happy that we got ours :)

The Lion King Show is really great and I think it`s a must see. So remember to ask what time the tickets for the show will be distributed and where? Because I heard that sometimes they distribute them at the entrance to Visionarium

This evening there was another soiree (for the people from Peugeot and Citroen or maybe for the users of those cars because at the entrance there was a large sign – Les Comites d`establissement de PEUGEOT CITROEN Automobiles vous souhaitent une agreable soiree – I know what does it mean but it doesn`t give a clue were the people workers of this companies or just the users of their cars). The whole park was working until 11pm because we had a view on the Discoveryland from our room and the SM was shooting people to the moon pretty often :)

After visiting the pool and the sauna we went to Billy Bob`s :) At the entrance we were asked if we have 18yrs hehehe and we are 21 and 23... I think that this is because our visit to the sauna so our skin looked younger hehehe. There was live music that evening. We ordered a beer and had a great time. Then we had really great drinks (rhum, vodka, something else, cola and lemon juice) and after that another beer... and one before leaving to the hotel :) When we got back to the room I went to take few pictures of the suite doors hehehehe and I must say they are pretty good :) and we went to sleep

DAY 5

We were so tired after Saturday`s drinking at Billy Bob`s that we went for breakfast just before 11. We nearly ate nothing, just a croisante and a cup of orange juice and tea/coffee. We packed our clothes and left the lagguage at the left lagguage point :) We didn`t take any rides because we didn`t feel well. The weather was good. The sun was shinning and there were a lot of people in the park. Waiting times were the same as on Saturday – around 50 minutes and Fast Passes were gone in a blink of an eye

At 4:50pm we took VEA to the airport where we bought TETU magazine to have some sweet memories until our return to France :P  and at 7:30 we took off to reach Warsaw at 10pm.

Each day some new Halloween decoration were added. The pumpkins at the entrance to Frontierland... or the pumpikn men at the Main Street... so you could feel a new season coming to DLRP

BTW the V.Pres. Suite (Vanderbild one) was occupied by someone. I don`t know who but the person bought a lot of stuff at Disneyland. The lagguage service was taking a lot of bags (those blue/yellow and yellow/pink ones and huge white bags whith Disneyland sings on it). He or She must have spent a fortune on those things not to mention the price of the Suite

Hope you enjoyed my trip report :)

And I must say I smile a lot in this trip report :wink:
Matts

Kristof

Wow, this is a great tripreport!  Tnx.  I'm really looking forward to our trip on friday.  :D

Matts

Is it a Gay Day Weekend this weekend :?:  :P
Matts

Matts

So under this url you will find some pics from our trip:

http://www.pbase.com/niuniek/inbox

hope you enjoy them
Matts

Kristof

Wow, the view from your room is really stunnin  :o

Matts

Yes it was... that is why I wanted room on the high floor

Btw 8217 if I didn`t mention room number earlier - so any volontiers to sleep in my bed  :P
Matts