September 15 - 19th 2014 HELP !!

Started by lauralouisemidwinter, September 07, 2013, 08:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauralouisemidwinter

Hiya guys, I have not been on here for a while :D
Yesterday I booked for the 15th to the 19th of September 2014, we are staying at the Santa Fe (which we love) and are going by EuroStar and I want to pick a few of your brains as we have never done EuroStar before.
We are going Standard Premier, this mean more leg room, reclining seats and a meal.
What is the meal like, are we just taking sandwiches or a full blown cooked meal and do we get anything else?
We also have Disney express, how does this work and what does it include (I was only given a vage idea by the travel agent) ?
How busy/quiet is it this time of year?
AND FINALLY,
How do you know which way your seats are going be on the EuroStar (I get travel sick if I go backwards :/ )
Thankyou in advance,
<3 laura
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

Ravenseye

Hi,
How exciting to have booked your trip! ;D

I'm not sure what the meals are like now, but when we travelled Standard Premier years back we got a filled baguette, choccy bar/cereal bar, fruit and hot/cold drink. It was adequate, not special. The real bonus was the legroom/wider seats  :)

I found out that when booking through a travel agent the Eurostar seats are allocated at the time of booking and you basically have no choice if you didn't specify at the time (we didn't!). I looked online for Eurostar seat plans and got a view of numbers and direction of travel, which is marked by an arrow and the words 'To London' or To Marne la Vallee'. We received our tickets this week and the coach and seat numbers are shown so you can at least see where you are meant to be sitting. They used to have Train Managers and they helped us move seats when we last travelled so you could always try that.
Sorry I can't help you more.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

captain rocket

Standard plus gives you an airline style piece of dining and although the Eurostar leaves mid morning they still serve breakfast on the way out. When we travelled it was some fruit and fruit juice along with coffee or tea and a filled croisant along with a cereal bar. On the way back they served a rather strange selection of three seperate small items, a nice desert and coffee tea etc. You certainly would'nt choose Standard plus for a major blowout! The extra legroom is nice and the carriage was quieter, but this is Disney and there are bound to be children who may behave like... well children!
I think you should contact Eurostar with a seat request, half of the seats face the engine and half face the rear of the train, these two sets are broken by a table seat in the middle of the carriage.

lauralouisemidwinter

Thankyou Ravenseye,
Where do you find the seating plan, is it on the Eurostar website :)
Laura Louise

lauralouisemidwinter

Quote from: captain rocket on September 07, 2013, 08:44:26 PM
Standard plus gives you an airline style piece of dining and although the Eurostar leaves mid morning they still serve breakfast on the way out. When we travelled it was some fruit and fruit juice along with coffee or tea and a filled croisant along with a cereal bar. On the way back they served a rather strange selection of three seperate small items, a nice desert and coffee tea etc. You certainly would'nt choose Standard plus for a major blowout! The extra legroom is nice and the carriage was quieter, but this is Disney and there are bound to be children who may behave like... well children!
I think you should contact Eurostar with a seat request, half of the seats face the engine and half face the rear of the train, these two sets are broken by a table seat in the middle of the carriage.
Thankyou,
We are on the direct train so 10:14 in the morning so maybe a late breakfast and lunch then ... BONUS
The funny thing is when booking it yesterday, the standard premier was cheaper than standard :D
Laura Louise

captain rocket

Sorry, you only get one meal! I always travel from Ashford so lunch would certainly be more appropriate.

daddyof2

This link should work for the Eurostar seating plan. I'm sure you'd be able to swap with someone if you end up with a backward facing seat. To be honest, I actually prefer facing backwards on the train and I'm sure I'm not alone
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30006269/trainseatplans/Eurostar_seat_plan_UK.pdf

lauralouisemidwinter

Thankyou all so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated x
Laura Louise

Adam

Here is the normal breakfast:

Eurostar breakfast by WordRidden, on Flickr

You may also get a Pain au Chocolat. In the past, they used to give you a hot breakfast, but I think that is now on the Business Premier and perhaps the non Disney Standard Premier.

It's all very nice, but not particularly large if you are after a filling breakfast. You can get more in the buffet coach.

For dinner, it could be anything. Have a look on Flickr for a few examples. However, again, it isn't big, so you may need to eat again and because of the mystery element, it may be something you don't like.

Nevertheless, it is very much worth it, as it is much more relaxed, some nice food, plenty of drinks and much more relaxed.

If you have any problems with your seats, it is worth giving Eurostar a call to see if they can move things around. No guarantee, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

lauralouisemidwinter

Thankyou Adam, that is very helpful and thankyou also for the link :)
Laura Louise

jeakat24

I can't add more to what people have said about Standard Premier-we've always gone standard.

Disney express is so easy. On the Eurostar someone will come along and give you your pack with park tickets etc (sometimes this is done when you check in at London or Ashford, but it's usually on the train). In the pack you'll receive luggage labels that correspond to your chosen hotel. You just pop your name on them and attach them to any luggage you want sent on to the hotel. When you get off at Marne le Vallee you'll go up the escalator on to street level and then there's another level above that where the Express desk is. Don't worry about trying to find it- just follow the crowd!  :)  Often there's a bit of a queue but it goes down quickly, hand over your luggage and then go to the parks/do whatever you want. When you go to your hotel your bags will be at the hotel luggage store (usually takes a couple of hours for transport)

We've been around that time of year before (back in 2007) and it wasn't busy at all. It wasn't what I would call really quiet but waiting time were very reasonable
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

lauralouisemidwinter

Hiya Guys, thank you all so much for the help. Has anyone go any info for this time of year, will we see any of the Halloween decorations, how busy\quiet is it and wait are ride wait times like (Peter Pan, Autopia) ?
Laura Louise

never2old

Mid september is a great time to go, very short queues almost everywhere. You can also be lucky with the weather, it can be really nice (sunny and warm, but not too hot). Well, maybe not THIS September which feels more like early November... But hopefully 2014 will be better.

The only thing you may find more rides are closed for refurbs, September is a popular one for that...

Last year we were there end of September and they were starting putting the decorations up, I think they only take about a week to put most of it up, so I wouldn't expect to see many around your dates.

lauralouisemidwinter

Laura Louise

Ravenseye

Quote from: lauralouisemidwinter on September 07, 2013, 08:45:52 PM
Thankyou Ravenseye,
Where do you find the seating plan, is it on the Eurostar website :)

Sorry! I've only just seen this. I hope you manage to get what you want.
On our recent trip two families with seats in front of us 'swapped' seats just by politely asking so that may be an option when you get to it.  :D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...