Just Got Back an Hour Ago

Started by Samninetysix, August 23, 2013, 09:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samninetysix

This will probably be the most boring trip report on record.......

The plan was to go to DLP to renew our AP Dream passes (bloody good excuse for a night away tho)

Left here (Suffolk,UK) at 3:30am, arrive at shuttle 2 hours early but no chance of getting boarded early, way too busy. Arrived at Magic Circus at about 12:30 French time, dumped the car in Magic Circus car park, leave everything in the car and get on the shuttle to the parcs.. Take a leisurely stroll/fast walk/OK JOG!! to the ticket booths, buy temp APD passes with shareholders discount and in we go. First point of call isnt the Passport Bureau as one would expect, oh no no no, that would be too easy, first stop is the Kodak shop at the top of MSUSA - wifey needs her pin fix, then and only then can we go to get the APD's replaced. (side note here - there was a massive lady in the queue in front of us, I dont know what language she spoke but surely deodorant is similar in any language :((  ). Then we head to adventureland for lunch and maybe a ride or two - not a chance on the rides, it was rammed, so we headed to Hakuna Matata for lunch which was lovely then shopping (only here for one night/day). After about €500 we head back the the Magic Circus, I need a drink and a nap. Here's where we slipped up, because I was so tired and wifey and daughter was so excited about the goodies WE FORGOT TO BOOK A TABLE FOR DINNER Soooooooo, shuttle bus back into the parcs, kinda sorta jog over to Blue Lagoon with wife saying "these shoes are killing me", we get there and nahhhhh, fully booked, ok run round to Agrahbah Cafe, "sorry, we close in 30 mins", now I know it's our fault but to close restaurants in Europes biggest attraction two and a half hours before it closes seems a tad extreme.....nevertheless...Of we jog to King Ludwigs in the village, lovely meal, sorted. Back to the parc, getting ready for the Dreams show at 11.00pm, we've bought the "light ears" hats, stood in MSUSA watching the crowds grow around us and thinking "should we move further back to avoid the melee at the end of the night?..." We were told that the light ears would stop working for a second while they synched at the start of the show.....11pm came with the announcements "boys and girls, the show ...... 10 minutes......5 minutes.......". The castle lit up and fireworks came out AND!!!.....hmmmmmm - have I gone deaf? - No sound at all, light ears were doing exactly what they were doing an hour ago - kinda flash a little but randomly - nothing to do with the silent movie that was playing. After about 10 minutes(ish) of this we left and still had to fight for a space on the shuttle bus back to Magic Circus. This morning, breakfast was very, very nice, huge selection that seemed to cater for a broad selection of tastes, really nice enjoyed it. Quick visit into studio parc and WOW! isn't Ratatouille coming on fantastically (got told off for peering round the fence :( ), bought some MORE pressies for wifey and daughter then headed off home. Have to say, the Magic Circus was very nice, breakfast was similar to the DLH just without the waiting staff topping up the drinks, bed was one of the best I've slept in in any DLP hotel. Happy Days! :)

Forgot to say - Oh god I miss it already! :)

Disneyprincesswannab

Thanks for sharing-you made me miss it again too ,your description was so current and vivid!! For a glorious moment I thought I was back.

tubbsy

Your report was very funny and very quick! Loved it!  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Ravenseye

Just read this, made me chuckle. Imagine getting told off for peeking  :o

Thanks for posting it  ;D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...