Welcome to the new magicforum!

Started by Kristof, September 01, 2013, 11:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwipatronSparks

Does that mean the signature limit will be increased? Half of mine is missing?
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Kristof

Quote from: SwipatronSparks on September 03, 2013, 09:56:00 AM

I checked your signature:  "Max characters: 300; characters remaining:  180"

So you haven't reached your limit. Try to add it again and let me know if you have any issues.

Adam

Looking good. When you are doing the final touches, the post font could do with being slightly bigger and it would be nice to have a little more space around each post to make it read a little better.

Good to see phpBB dumped - I have seen a few big site dump it recently and move elsewhere/write their own.

norhel

Just wondering, earlier it was a function that was where I could se "unread post". Is that function still hanging aroud?
And I know that there is a function here now that is "Show unread posts since last visit" but that is not the one I'm thinking of.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: Kristof on September 03, 2013, 10:06:05 AM
Quote from: SwipatronSparks on September 03, 2013, 09:56:00 AM

I checked your signature:  "Max characters: 300; characters remaining:  180"

So you haven't reached your limit. Try to add it again and let me know if you have any issues.

I edited my sig as half of it was missing before posting asking my question, when i have my past hotels listed and a countdown ticker it uses past the max.... Also when i have tried to add a ticker it says i have used a censored word :S even though its a direct copy of the bb code link...
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: norhel on September 03, 2013, 04:29:28 PM
Just wondering, earlier it was a function that was where I could se "unread post". Is that function still hanging aroud?
And I know that there is a function here now that is "Show unread posts since last visit" but that is not the one I'm thinking of.

On that unread since last visit screen, goto the bottom right corner of it, and hit "All unread" :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

norhel

Quote from: Trekkie101 on September 03, 2013, 04:42:12 PM
Quote from: norhel on September 03, 2013, 04:29:28 PM

On that unread since last visit screen, goto the bottom right corner of it, and hit "All unread" :)

Thanx!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

alternativerock123

Wow, looking great guys! I've not been on for a while when I clicked on my bookmark and was taken to the front page I was really confused for a second.

But looking nice and professional! =D
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

GeoffD

It's really looking great! Loving the home page, very clear and easy to use :)

bensmum

Oh no...gonna take me ages to work out what I am doing  ;D  Sure I will get used to it and thanks for keeping working on the forum

Javey74

Quote from: Kristof on September 03, 2013, 09:19:24 AM
Again, the final touches like icons and theming enhancements are not done yet!

And please don't forget moving to SMF means we'll put less stress on the server, a server we are using FOR FREE offered by Trekkie101.

I'm very proud that even after upgrading to a better and much more stable server in the UK, we can still offer magicforum without ads, paid subscriptions or sponsor buttons.

This being the case, why was there the need to delete and crop a lot of threads from the old boards, if you could have just transferred them over to a bigger server..  :(

As Trekkie101 said on the old board. Post as much as you like after a query from Pete's Dragon regarding the games and possibly not being able to restart a game..  :-\

DLRP Roundup!

I replied after the pages had been delete, sadly, or I'm sure Kristof would of saved them.

The site is fairly settled now, and this month will give us the first full set of results on load. However the sites actually producing even less then I expected, hits are fairly impressive but load is staying right down. Before conversion we done some SMF tweaking, hopefully it's held (looks like it, although I can't see admin) and it should stop the forum ever rendering itself offline again.

Plenty room for growth all in all :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Adam

Just noticed a bug - when using "Show unread posts since last visit.", it showed the first 50 posts and when clicking on page 2, then showed the first 50 and the remaining few from page 2 all on one page, rather than just showing the page 2 posts on the page.

Thaliel

I just got an email saying "important message" from Magicforum, but the email was completely blank ???
<-Plz click

Simba 27

I also received that email.
I like the new version of the forum. The fonts and colours of the old one were a bit painful.

UPDATE: some reason why my avatar and signature aren't showing? I need to pick one from the new version?

UPDATE 2: finally I was able to pick the new avatar and to fix the signature.  ;)

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006