day trip to paris - our plans and your opinions please

Started by polar vixen, August 10, 2013, 05:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

We are finally going to Disney on 11th Sep, and are planning to do a day trip to Paris, on the Saturday.  Unfortunately I didn't realize how far in advance you have to book to get advance tickets for the Eiffel tower, which is now all sold out :( , so our plans go as follows: (I'm really nervous as it will be me and hubby, our 13yr old daughter, and sons age 8 and 4 (both with ASD), and sons age 2 and 6 weeks, so we'll have 2 kids who need to be closely watched, and 2 little ones in pushchairs, one of whom is fantastic at escaping, which is why I'm so nervous about public transport, and want to be thoroughly prepared and organized.
What we want to do is.....
Catch the train (RER?) from Disney into Paris.  Get off and do the following,:- queue for Eiffel tower if possible, go on the bateaux mooches, see the outside of the louvre, and catch the train back.  I understand the earlier we get to the Eiffel tower, the smaller the queues should be.  I've spent ages looking at websites for info, but would rather go from people's experiences, where should we get off and on trains/boats, what times would you recommend etc? Any advice would be VERY gratefully appreciated.
THANK YOU!