Ideas for Disney Movies that are based on Dlrp rides!

Started by spacemountainplatypi, July 07, 2013, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japperboy

I think if they are gonna make a movie of thunder mesa, it should include the phantom manor story.
Discoveryland is just all about jules verne, i think  their are allready movies about his books, like 20000 leauges under the sea, around the world in 80 days, ...
It's actually a shame that they are losing some of the jules verne elements and make it more futuristic like the usa parks with buzz

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

polar vixen

I think a tron ride would be cool, it would be like a roller coaster but with you leaning forward as if sitting on a lightcycle.

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: Japperboy on January 09, 2014, 09:47:00 PM
I think if they are gonna make a movie of thunder mesa, it should include the phantom manor story.
Discoveryland is just all about jules verne, i think  their are allready movies about his books, like 20000 leauges under the sea, around the world in 80 days, ...
It's actually a shame that they are losing some of the jules verne elements and make it more futuristic like the usa parks with buzz
A thunder mesa tv show would make more sense I think.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

meisbonkaz

I think a thunder Mesa TV show would be a great idea! I genuinely think we should get a petition going on change.org to make this happen! Not sure how many seasons it could run for given that the story is already established, but they could do the original story in season 1 and start a new story based in modern day Thunder Mesa following somebody sent to investigate ravens wood manor? Just an idea.

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: meisbonkaz on April 05, 2015, 07:15:27 PM
I think a thunder Mesa TV show would be a great idea! I genuinely think we should get a petition going on change.org to make this happen! Not sure how many seasons it could run for given that the story is already established, but they could do the original story in season 1 and start a new story based in modern day Thunder Mesa following somebody sent to investigate ravens wood manor? Just an idea.

Maybe instead on focusing how it is, how about how the town was?

Like start off with a core cast of characters which all have something to do with the eventual outcome, which would be the wedding for a big season finale (not necessarily season one though).

3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

meisbonkaz

Quote from: spacemountainplatypi on April 06, 2015, 12:45:15 AM

Like start off with a core cast of characters which all have something to do with the eventual outcome, which would be the wedding for a big season finale (not necessarily season one though).

Yeah, we could have the sort of period drama style in season one, where we establish thunder Mesa as the town it was in the 1800s, bring in Henry, Arthur, Martha, Melanie etc. then the whole thing is set up in the first season with the finale being the wedding. Season 2, it starts to turn into more of a horror/mystery when we discover that the wedding at the end of season 1 was actually just Melanie's idea of what it should have been? Possibly cliché, but the wedding doesn't go ahead. Season 2 introduces the hauntings and other parts of the story. By the end of season 2, you have all of the original story with Melanie and the phantom, season 3 could then be thunder Mesa in modern times as an old, abandoned ghost town with a new cast going to investigate and see what happened there hundreds of years ago. This could work!

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: meisbonkaz on April 06, 2015, 01:25:45 PM

Yeah, we could have the sort of period drama style in season one, where we establish thunder Mesa as the town it was in the 1800s, bring in Henry, Arthur, Martha, Melanie etc. then the whole thing is set up in the first season with the finale being the wedding. Season 2, it starts to turn into more of a horror/mystery when we discover that the wedding at the end of season 1 was actually just Melanie's idea of what it should have been? Possibly cliché, but the wedding doesn't go ahead. Season 2 introduces the hauntings and other parts of the story. By the end of season 2, you have all of the original story with Melanie and the phantom, season 3 could then be thunder Mesa in modern times as an old, abandoned ghost town with a new cast going to investigate and see what happened there hundreds of years ago. This could work!

Oh I love that. different generations so to speak.

meisbonkaz

Quote from: spacemountainplatypi on April 07, 2015, 12:37:16 AM
Quote from: meisbonkaz on April 06, 2015, 01:25:45 PM

Oh I love that. different generations so to speak.
Exactly.