which charcter dinner has the best and most charcters????

Started by stuarthulluk, February 26, 2007, 03:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuarthulluk

luggy nugget or cafe mickeys

im sorting out a character dinner for my mother, on saturday the 24th march.

She wants to eat at 6.30pm.

which place has the best food, best atmosphere, and best off all the best characters and the number of characters.
Shes taking my 6 year old cousin, and shed made on characters, any advice would be very welcome!!! :D

Dlrpfan

hmm i really recomend cafe mickey's atmosphire and food as its a buffet and has loads of classic disney chacters (Mickey Minnie etc) but ive never eaten at the lucky nugget so cant really compare it :(
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

shell_ely

hi we have been to both and they were both great lots of caracters i think it depends on the food you want the lucky nugget is buffet and the cafe mickey is tabel service the food was nice in both and they both cost around the same i think the lucky nugget only does lunch but i might be wrong so check this, when we were in the lucky nugget they had a band playing mucic and in cafe mickey the staff and the carracters all get eveyone up and dance, there were more carracters in lucky nuggett but i also think there were more people/tables  i am sure whatever you choose you will love it   :D
if you need more info just ask  :)

Poppy The Monkey

It would have to be Cafe Mickey or Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel.

Lucky Nugget doesn't do character meals at this time of the day apart from in the summer. They just do lunch from 12noon to 3pm.

I'd say both are good - Inventions is very expensive however the atmosphere is very special, you'll only get about 6 characters here though. More characters will be present at Cafe Mickey (about 8 to 10 at a time - often including Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Hook, Stitch, Prince John, Eeyore, Tigger, Pinnochio, Sheriff of Nottingham, Robbin Hood and Friar Tuck - and more) but here it is a lot more noisy, filled with screaming kids and not as "classy" as Inventions though much cheaper.

needmagic

Greetings from in-side the magic....

Charactor meals are fun for all the children of young and old.the price are from 18 euro per person upwards..

Lucky Nugget : Its a buffet style meal where you help yourself and the food is very good and lots of choice. the cast members are very happy.
Charactors are there and come out every 30mins and then change so you get to meet and greet them. also at the weekend there is music on stage with a live dixee band very cosy place to eat..

Plazza Gardens : also a buffet style meal and charactors are there to and same as above ..can get busy from time to time also if its a birthday there is happy birthday music a birthday card and a gift also a cake which is yummy chocolate and the charactors come to each table for birthdays.

Cafe Mickey : hmm!! very open plan rest loads kids making lots screeming ect ect.. charactors are there to between 8 and 10 its on two levels so half and half for charactors thay change every time so you get to see them all. as for the food price can amount up start from 18 euro  and is open until 11pm.. its ok

For me its much better to eat in the magic kingdom it gives you the extra magic.. sparkle and touch...

Please remember to check for booking the rest first , you can do this at your hotel front desk or at guest services city hall in magic kingdom..

if you want more just ask and enjoy yourself..
Living The Dream Making The Magic

stuarthulluk

thanks guys, ya all legends,

can she book it over the phone or is it best to turn up at all....

i like cafe mickey's too, was the best...............

needmagic

Greetings from in-side the magic....

You can ring the rest for a booking as turn up to book to...best of all if your staying at a disney hotel the guest sevice is good and no trouble at all.. I still like to eat in the magic kingdom..

also there is the rain forest cafe oppersite cafe mickey book again but has a jungle theme there is a tropical storm and moving animals as you eat i would say the food is better there then cafe mickey and you get a lot for your money.. Enjoy

stuarthulluk

yea they are staying at the holiday inn hotel......

can they book them there, or is it best to ring up the book it

Dlrpfan

i would ring up and book just to be sure you have a resivation and cafe mickey is not fully booked all ready
Dan

Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

stuarthulluk

yea i will tell my mum, does she have to ring the disney paris reservation line, where you book holidays and stuff, or is there another number??

needmagic

Gretings from in-side the magic...

disney resevation is for booking your hoilday and ordering extras like charactor breakfasts and stuff..when you arrive at disney as soon as your at the hotel get them to ring the rest for booking or better still when in the magic kingdom go to city hall on main street and thay will look after you and arrange a booking for you its free service and gives that little extra magic touch ...

Jayna62

:stitch: When my husband and i went last christmas we prebooked all our meals in the park and hotels and also Buffalo Bills and Cafe Mickey from the UK. The other resturants in the village we had to book when we arrived at our hotel.
We have a direct number which is +33 106304050. :D

A quick edit, my husband is fairly certain that the number he called to make the reservations was the normal 08705 030303 one but you can still make the reservations using the direct number in France listed above.

Dlrpfan

or if you call your hotel they could put you through to reservations i think  :roll:
Dan

tubbsy

My two penneth-
Just be aware, we found out in August when staying at the Holiday inn that if staying there, or any Hotels along that row-the price of the meal works out a little more expensive-just in case you are running on a budget.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

miss disney fan

i have just read on a anther web site that the Lucky Nugget  is closed on a monday and tuesday but cant find any info of this anywhere else, also is the 12 - 3pm lunch just one sitting so you can take your time enjoying it all?  :?