Why do DLP have such poor kids starters?

Started by Angel_Ariel, May 20, 2013, 07:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel_Ariel

In almost all of the restaurants the kids starter is cherry tomatoes! My kids HATE cherry tomatoes! :?  This is not good! Surely a lot of kids don't eat them or the pesky mozzarella balls they insist upon serving with them! I keep hoping they will add something else to the starter menu for kids but noooo! Garlic bread would be a great starter option and it's quite french-ish?! Looks like I'll be adding side orders to our meals in august to keep them happy!  :(
~*~ Newport Bay ~*~ March 2008
~*~Sequoia Lodge ~*~ January 2009
~*~Santa Fe ~*~ January 2010
~*~Hotel New York ~*~ January 2011
~*~Explorer's Hotel ~*~ October 2011
~*~Newport Bay ~*~ August 2012
~*~Kyriad Hotel ~*~ August 2013
~*~Cheyenne Hotel ~*~ December 2014

gemmasteele84

We thought that when we went. I was also confused as why they also give the kids starters along with the main meal, so by the time the adults come the kids are sitting there with no food.

bad-pink-tink

As someone who has worked in the catering industry, my advise is to contact the individual restaurants.  Menus are planned by the chefs and managers of the restaurants, so contacting them direct would be far more productive then just trying the general DPL customer service. For example, if you are staying at Sequoia Lodge, I would ring the hotel direct and ask to speak to  the food and beverage manager.  I would do this in advance, as it is much better to order off menu or have a special request BEFORE you are actually sitting at the table.  Food does not magically appear in the kitchen ready to be brought out to the table.  If your child would eat garlic bread for example, and it is not on the menu,  by telling the restaurant in advance, you are more likely to get it then if you only ask when you are sitting at the table and ordering your meal. Chefs have no problem doing something off menu as long as they have the ingredients and the time to prepare it.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016