Has anyone been on a coach trip to DLP?

Started by Angel_Ariel, May 30, 2013, 12:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel_Ariel

Hi, my daughter, her friend, my son and I are going on a coach trip with National Holidays to DLP in august. I was wondering if anyone who had been on such a trip might have some advice? We are staying for 3 nights at the Kyriad hotel. We have never stayed here before but it looks ok from the photo's & reviews I have read on tripadvisor. We will hardly be in the room anyway so it's just a place to sleep really!

We have 2 days hopper park tickets. We have been before so we know the in's & out's of Disney. I still hope 2 days will be enough to do all the things we want. We usually stay 4-5 days so this time will be very short and will be difficult to do everything on our 'must do' list!! We are prepared for that though. My son want's to meet Rapunzel & Duffy most of all. We didn't get a chanced to see them last year so if we at least get to do that, we will be happy!

Obviously on a coach from Sunderland in the NE of England will take a long time!  :|  We are getting the ferry from Dover to Calais then onwards to Disneyland! I am really looking forward to it, but dreading the journey & the limited time in the parks. But hey-ho, we still get to visit Disney this year when I didn't think we would be! :thumbs:

If anyone has any info or advice that would be great! Thanks!  :D/
~*~ Newport Bay ~*~ March 2008
~*~Sequoia Lodge ~*~ January 2009
~*~Santa Fe ~*~ January 2010
~*~Hotel New York ~*~ January 2011
~*~Explorer's Hotel ~*~ October 2011
~*~Newport Bay ~*~ August 2012
~*~Kyriad Hotel ~*~ August 2013
~*~Cheyenne Hotel ~*~ December 2014

captain rocket

Well, maybe the purchase of a fastpass may be helpful for you, I believe they are sometimes offered on ebay although I have no idea were they come from.
Don't have any qualms about the Kyriad, I had my fifth visit there two weeks ago and it offers everything you could want from a hotel near Disney. I have stayed at all four of the associate hotels and although the Kyriad has the lowest star rating it is a real gem. Can't help with the coach trip i'm afraid never been that way!

A&S&O

How will you get from the hotel to the parks?
Are you reliant on your coach driver and whatever time he wants to leave / return to the hotel, or are there shuttle buses that you can get whenever you want?
Try and get to the park as early as possible to avoid the crowds.

We were there last summer and Duffy was on a float in the parade, not at a meet and greet.

Slightly off topic, but Disney Stores in the UK had Duffy and his clothes on offer a few weeks ago, not sure if they still do.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?