Pre trip report for 1st-7th June :D

Started by TigerLily, May 31, 2013, 11:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerLily

Well tomorrow is the start of our Disney Paris holiday....to say we are excited is an understatement  :D/  I actually have butterflies in my tummy!

Those going:
Me, my hubby and our 6 year old daughter.

The suitcases are packed (to be unpacked and re packed later on this evening lol) as is the medical bag (better safe than sorry)  :thumbs:

My daughters in car goody bag (that she has no clue about  8) ) has been packed and sorted as has the clued hunt that I have made for her to wake up to in the morning. Can't wait to see her do that! I used card and cut it Mickey Mouse shaped then wrote rhyming clues on them (6 in total. Took me ages!  I'm oddly proud of myself lol!)  that are to be hidden in the appropriate places around my home tonight when she's asleep for her to find and answer in the morning. They will lead to our packed suitcases and a new 101 Dalmatians cuddly toy plus the goody bag.

Tomorrow at about noon we shall be heading off to Dover for our overnight stay. We are driving as we did last year (I also have put together a goody bag for the Calais to disney drive).  After a good nights sleep and a hearty breakfast we will then be on our way to the magic!  :mickey2:  :minnie:

Hoping the weather will be nice  [-o<

Really looking forward to this trip. Last year it was lovely but as we went in the February it was FREEZING cold and much of the park was under refurb for the start of the 20th anniversary. So this trip feels like it will be extra special  :D/  (....even with big thunder being shut lol)

I have a few ideas as to where we would like to eat this time round...I'm thinking king ludwigs, planet Hollywood, rainforest cafe perhaps, anettes to name a few (all of which we have never eaten in - and any recommendations would be gratefully received!)

Oh and I reeeeeeeeeally can't wait to see dreams!!  :tink:

Rafael

Have a wonderful trip! I am looking forward to your report! :)

TigerLily

Thank you Rafael!

Aurora1

Please, tell us how your daughter reacted, when she finds out!

Have a great trip!

Earl of Sandwich is a choice!

Aurora1

TigerLily

I will do Aurora! She loves treasure hunts so a surprise disney themed one will go down well I'm hoping :D
Thank you for recommending  Earl of Sandwich. It's another that we have never eaten in! Ive been scouting through the boards on here and have found a few very tasting looking pictures of the food there!

Aurora1

It really is! I never heard of EoS before this forum. Dosn`t exist in Switzerland (too bad). I absolutly want to eat there, when we go in fall!
And (referring to the other post in the planning section) I hope your daughter gets to meet Aurora! With the ticket system it seems the Pavillon is a bit easier to do! Maybe even twice! Maybe try to ask at city Hall what princess is there? Or right by the Pavillon?
Good luck!

TigerLily

Thanks for the great pavilion advice! Actually, I had been wondering if there was a way to find out about which princesses are at the Pavilion each day. It really would make my daughters day! Very glad to hear of the ticket system - the queue we were in last year was gargantuan! Lol. But still worth it for how happy it made her  :-)

ilovedisneylandparis

Ahh I'm so excited for you! Have a wonderful time, can't wait to read your report and hear about your daughter's reaction :')

TigerLily

Aww thanks geekyjo! And hey it's not long until you to now too either! Muchos excitement all round lol! :D :D :D

Aurora1

QuoteTigerLily
Thanks for the great pavilion advice! Actually, I had been wondering if there was a way to find out about which princesses are at the Pavilion each day. It really would make my daughters day! Very glad to hear of the ticket system - the queue we were in last year was gargantuan! Lol. But still worth it for how happy it made her :-)

I don`t know if they know, but it`s worth a try! ;)

Epcot_Boy

Have an absolutely Magical time Tigerlily  :D/

By the way, I think your little one is really really lucky to have such a creative Mum =D>  ;)

Look forward to your trip report and lots of photos :thumbs:  :)

David

TigerLily

Yeah will certainly try Aurora - whats to lose by trying eh? :D

Thanks Epcot_Boy - it feels like I've been waiting forever lol. But (to quote Alice in Wonderland) "the time has come! the walrus said" :thumbs:
And thank you ever so much for your kind words :D that's really nice of you.  (I feel I'm also lucky to have her as a daughter :D )

Zee79

Quote from: "TigerLily"Thanks for the great pavilion advice! Actually, I had been wondering if there was a way to find out about which princesses are at the Pavilion each day. It really would make my daughters day! Very glad to hear of the ticket system - the queue we were in last year was gargantuan! Lol. But still worth it for how happy it made her  :-)

The queue just to get the tickets was very long when we were there last week. I would recommend getting there as soon as open to get one.