1 day / 2 parks in mid-september

Started by Alexz, May 28, 2013, 09:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexz

Hi, me and my girlfriend is going to Disneyland either 14th or 15th of september and have a few questions that we hope that you kind people here on the forum can answer for us.

- Which day is less crowded, Saturday or Sunday in mid-september?
- Which park should we go to first, DL or WDS? We love thrill rides but still want to see the classic Disney stuff.
- I have heard that you can buy Premium Fastpass tickets in the park, is that true and what do they cost?
- I have read different info on opening hours and can't figure out what is correct. What hours will the parks be open?
- The 20th anniversary Disney Dreams will still be on those dates right? And do you know on what hour? We don't want to miss it!

Thank you for helping us by answering these questions. We are really looking forward to this trip :)
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

Elaine

Quote from: "Alexz"Hi, me and my girlfriend is going to Disneyland either 14th or 15th of september and have a few questions that we hope that you kind people here on the forum can answer for us.

- Which day is less crowded, Saturday or Sunday in mid-september?
- Which park should we go to first, DL or WDS? We love thrill rides but still want to see the classic Disney stuff.
- I have heard that you can buy Premium Fastpass tickets in the park, is that true and what do they cost?
- I have read different info on opening hours and can't figure out what is correct. What hours will the parks be open?
- The 20th anniversary Disney Dreams will still be on those dates right? And do you know on what hour? We don't want to miss it!

Thank you for helping us by answering these questions. We are really looking forward to this trip :)

it will be very busy both of those days, as it will still be long opening hours for the main park, and the weather will probably be nice too.

I don't think you'll be able to do anything like everything in both parks on one weekend day, just not going to happen. So just please yourself really, do rides with fastpass or queue for hours.

here is last Septembers park hours -

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/month ... s/2012/09/

I'd imagine they will be similar this year, as Dreams is still on each night at park closing time, so if the park closes at 10pm Dreams starts at 10pm.

Yes, you can buy VIP fastpass tickets, they cost 60 euros per person per day. They are only valid on the rides at DLP which have fastpass lines though, that not that many rides to be honest.

Alexz

Thank you for your answers!

Ok, then we will certainly go for fastpass on those rides that have it :)

I think that we will go on the saturday, because then the DLP is probably open one extra hour than on sunday. We're going to try to do as much as we can on one day, but we know that we can't do it all, sadly. We'll just have to come back another time  :)
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015

Upcoming trips:

captain rocket

If you are staying in a Disney hotel, you can use early magic hours. If you are just visiting for the day then get to the park 30/45 minutes before opening at 10.00 as you will be allowed in but can only get as far as the central hub to be ready to rush off for your first ride. The best way to save time is to go around the park in order so i would first run to Big thunder mountain in Frontierland and ride that first, I would then go to Phantom manor which is also in Frontierland ignoring the riverboats unless you really want a sedate ride. I would then cut though from Frontierland to Adventureland and either ride Indiana Jones or get a fastpass to return later. Then on to Pirates of the Caribbean, no fastpass available, but this is a large capacity ride. I would then go to Adventureland and ride anything with a short queue, teacups are usually OK and then onto Its a small world, another large capacity ride. Next move onto Discoveryland and ride or fastpass Space Mountain,Buzz lightyear or Star Tours. Leave out Autopia as the queue is always long.
By now it will be past lunchtime so you should make for the studios and when you arrive get a fastpass for Tower of Terror or rock & roller coaster and queue for the other (if that makes sense to you) Ignore Crush as the queue is always a horror story Try the Studio Tram Tour and maybe ride Parachute drop in Toy story playland using the single rider line! You should be able to catch Stars and cars parade and if you want to sit down view Cinemagique, one of the best and unique attractions in the studios Moteurs action stunt show would take too much of your precious time.
Now you should make your way back to Disneyland park and try to catch Disney Magic on parade or, if you don't like parades try some attractions which will be less busy as lot's of people will watch the parade. With any time left try an attraction you may have missed earlier and plan to watch Dreams as the culmination of your day. All that's left is for you to collapse!
I'm sure other members will have their own ideas, this is just mine and remember one of the most important rules of any Disney visit....... be flexible!!
Have a great and tiring day.

never2old

I don't know if it's just me but it seems to me that Sundays are quieter than Saturdays...

Alexz

Thank you captain rocket for that detailed information ;)  We are not staying at a Disney Hotel. We stay in the centre of Paris and will only be in the parks for one day.  We really don't mind rushing now and then to catch as much as possible. As long as we can take it easy when Disney Dreams is on ;) Last time when I was in WDW me and a friend managed to visit both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot on the same day, without rushing too much. So I sure hope me and my girlfriend will be able to do the same with two smaller parks :)

Quote from: "never2old"I don't know if it's just me but it seems to me that Sundays are quieter than Saturdays...
I have heard others say that too, since a lot of people leave for home on sundays. But unfortunately DLP closes earlier on that day, so it might not matter that much anyway.

Upcoming trips:

EmilieK

Sure Epcot is larger than the Studios, but the Disneyland park is actually much larger than the Magic Kingdom.

captain rocket

Yes, there are several reasons why comparisons are irrelevant. Epcot stays open much later than DLRP studios, but Epcot takes much more time to get to from Magic Kingdom than Disneyland park to the studios in Paris. Forget what you did in Orlando and do as much as you can in one day in Paris!

Alexz

Thank you for your answers. We will try to do as much as we can and then come back another time for a longer visit :)

Upcoming trips: