About bag control

Started by Thaliel, June 03, 2013, 03:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

Hey y'all,

when I go to DLP on June 18th, I am planning to take my BJD with me.
What's a BJD?
BJD stands for Ball-Jointed Doll.
There's a big scene around this hobby and I got mine back in 2012.
He is 6cm tall and made of hard resin, weighing around 1.5 KG. Since the doll is not very hideous due to the size, the securoty personnel at bag control will surely see it and I wanted to know if such a biggerm heavy doll might be a problem. of course I do not plan to throw the doll at someone (he was way too expensive for that), but still someone could get hurt if accidentally hit by the doll (when it falls down or something)
Do ou think it is ok to bring the doll? I would really love to pose him inside the resort and take lots of pretty pictures.
<-Plz click

GeoffD

I think the doll will be fine! They are checking for prohibited items, I can't see a heavy doll worrying them too much.

Have a nice trip!

SwipatronSparks

Your bjd will be absolutely fine, they didnt bat an eyelid at people carrying the princess animator dolls through which are quite a bit heavier and bigger (even if not made of resin) than your relitively small bjd, so he/she will be fine :)

As doddy said the bag checks are to check for dangerous/prohibited items rather than heavy stuff (i have seen people taking tirpods through the security too again bigger and heavier than your bjd,) as far as i can tell they are more concerned with safety than if you have something heavy to carry around with you all day
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Thaliel

I suppose they will scan the doll through their xray? Since the whole body is basically hollow, they need to make sure I haven't hidden explosives/bullets/whatever inside
<-Plz click