Celebration train & parade times.

Started by Labyrinth, March 21, 2013, 10:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Labyrinth

I think the parade is on at 5pm???
But what about the train?
Is the train worth seeing or should I just see what happens?
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

ilovedisneylandparis

You're right that the parade is currently on at 5pm :) As for the celebration train...if you're not overly fussed about putting time aside for it, I wouldn't worry too much. We found that over the course of 4 days we stumbled across the train about 4 or 5 times! You can hear it coming a mile off so if you're in the Main Street shops or something you can just walk out and see it :D It's definitely worth a watch, the song is so cute and it's lovely to see the characters up close!

gemma2806

I also saw the train several times over my last stay but only deliberately waited for it once. It is lovely to see the characters and take photos but beware the mobs for the characters! There is no organised queue to see them so they spend about 5-10 mins meeting and greeting whoever pushes to the front first and this includes the adults!  You will most likely see the majority of the characters elsewhere around the parks at the end of organised queues but this is the only place to meet and greet them in their special 20th anniversary costumes.

GeoffD

The train is usually every hour from 11am - 2pm.  But check the park programme you can pick up as you enter (under Main St. Station).

At the moment the parade is 5pm, but the rumour is that from April it'll move to 7pm.  Again though, it'll be printed in the programme you pick up at the entry of the park!

The train can become a bit of a mob, but if you make sure you stay near the front, the character usually notices you and picks you out! Donald and Mickey have both got me out of the crowd and asked the others to wait their turn!  (Well, gestured at them)

julesk

Is this still the same for the train? (Charactors stopping to meet guests) We are going in may for our 5th year and are determined to see as many charactors as possible this year due to a huge disney 5 yr old fan!. Thanks

Elaine

Quote from: "julesk"Is this still the same for the train? (Charactors stopping to meet guests) We are going in may for our 5th year and are determined to see as many charactors as possible this year due to a huge disney 5 yr old fan!. Thanks

yes it still the same - but the character train is one of the worst scrums for characters you can get. I've noticed a huge difference in the popularity of this character meet n greet in the last year or so. They are wearing fabulous themed costumes on the character train though  :thumbs: .

captain rocket

The train times have now been altered, presumably for the summer season, and are currently scheduled for 13.00 14.00 1500. 1600 and the parade is currently at 1900. You can check the current times on the DLRP magic site.

Aurora1

About the character train:

For us it worked best: if you see the train, choose you r character and wait for them to come of the train and follow them.  So they see you, sometimes on the way they dance a little, just go along! And last year the CM made it clear, to let them some room and they went from left to right (or the other way around) signing autographs and taking pictures! And the CM noticed people pushing, and told them to stop! (not everytime, but it happend)
Some of the characters are more frequented then others, maybe go to them first. And since the train runs everyday several times, you don`t need to do it all in one day!

Have great trip!
Aurora1

julesk

Thanks everyone, this is another unexpected treat we didnt know about. Thank you so much for all your help.

DisneyBart

Quote from: "captain rocket"The train times have now been altered, presumably for the summer season, and are currently scheduled for 13.00 14.00 1500. 1600 and the parade is currently at 1900. You can check the current times on the DLRP magic site.
Oh, keep in mind that the train of 1600 doesn't stop for a meet 'n greet ;-) This one is just going from MainStreet to fantasyland...

Aurora1

QuoteDisneyBart ยป

captain rocket wrote:The train times have now been altered, presumably for the summer season, and are currently scheduled for 13.00 14.00 1500. 1600 and the parade is currently at 1900. You can check the current times on the DLRP magic site.

Oh, keep in mind that the train of 1600 doesn't stop for a meet 'n greet ;-) This one is just going from MainStreet to fantasyland...

Good thing you said that! I was just going to add, to go for autographs on the last stop! I didn`t know this!
Aurora1

julesk

Thanks Disney Bart