Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides

Started by zara-x, April 28, 2013, 04:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zara-x

Hello all,

Does anyone know how the horse-drawn carriages that you see around Main St. can be booked, or if that can be booked at all? Thanks!  :thumbs:
Faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

Elaine

no - theres only one horse-drawn vehicle at DLP, and thats a horse-drawn tram.
Its not always out, and you can't book it.

zara-x

Oops sorry I meant tram - my mind was in Disney mode with the carriage!  ;) That's a shame - do they just randomly pick people then, when it is out?

Elaine

no, there are designated vehicle stops dotted all over the the bandstand area at the entrance to Main St, and again at the hub in front of the castle. If the horse-drawn tram is out (or any other Main St vehicle) you just wait at the designated stop and when the vehicle comes around, you get on and get to ride one way (so either up Main St to the castle, or from the castle down to the bandstand) for free.

DisneyManiac

Here is a little piece of trivia for you, next time your on Main Street USA, go the Town Square, to the left is the Main Street Transportation Company which stores the Horses, Streetcars and other Vehicles which roam Main Street USA. The Horse-Drawn Streetcars (Not Trams) and other vehicles (including a Double Decker Bus!) travel between Town Square (Main Street Station) and Central Plaza (Sleeping Beauty's Castle), so want to board? Then look out for the signs on lamposts which say where each vehicle stops. Except the streetcars, which stops at Main Street Station and Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Oh and there's 3 streetcars that run, although it's rare to see more than 1 running at the same time.

zara-x

That's great! Thanks to both of you...definitely going to try this out when I visit in May  :D