TVG

Started by little tinker fairy, April 24, 2013, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

little tinker fairy

TVG
Anyone have any tips/codes to use for the train from cdg to Disney?  :mrgreen:

Not going till October (still super excited!)

captain rocket

Not much to say, the journey is only about 10 minutes! Actually, something I never worked out for my first few rides is that you have allocated seats and every train is different in configuration. When you get on the platform you will find an electric sign that tells you whereabouts on the train your carriage is. Some trains are 16 carriages long so its as well to be at the right end of the train when trying to find your seat! Having said all that, you are perfectly entitled to sit in any empty seat you can find and if you can't find an empty seat there are drop down seats at each end of the carriage. I am going in three weeks and for the first  time, i am booked in a double decker carriage! That may be interesting!
Technically you can only travel on the train you have paid for and if you want to change trains because of an early or late arrival you should pay to get your ticket amended. I have never done that and would plead ignorance if my ticket was inspected on the train (that's  never happened yet in about 25 journeys). I also take a list of trains before or after the one I am booked onto as the only information given on the departure board is the final destination and not if the train stops at marne le Vallee.
There, I said that there was'nt much to say did'nt I!
PS You have to validate your ticket in small yellow machines before proceeding to the platform, this prints the date of travel and effectively cancels the ticket for further use

little tinker fairy

Ah so it shouldn't matter if we don't make the one we have bought a ticket for?

How much isa good price for it? better to buy as soon as possible?

Elaine

Quote from: "little tinker fairy"Ah so it shouldn't matter if we don't make the one we have bought a ticket for?

How much isa good price for it? better to buy as soon as possible?

its the same price up to around 10 days before travel, I usually book my ticket about 2 weeks before we go.

captain rocket

I agree with Elaine, in the past there has'nt been much difference in the price, but for my next trip the prices seem high.
I booked four weeks in advance and the fare from CDG to Marne le Vallee was £16.00 via the train line and that's for a train  at 19.28 but the return journey at 1853 was £25.00. This is more than i have ever had to pay before so I guess the prices have increased! The average price I have paid before was about £14.00 each way. The cost of the train and parking at the airport is now more than the flight! If I was'nt travelling on my own this time a shared transfer would be more economical!

Elaine

true captain rocket - i'm the same, we usually get a shared shuttle to DLP because we land at CDG in a peak time for the TGV, so its cheaper when theres 2 of us to take the shared shuttle. Then I arrange to leave DLP on our last day in non-peak time so we can use the cheaper fares and quickest possible journey to CDG. After my last trip when my TGV was an hour late and we had to manually check in at the airport, I'd rather go even earlier to CDG on the TGV now, and have a main meal there, rather than doing that at DLP (its cheaper at the airport as well).

little tinker fairy

So expensive for such a short journey!

Looking into a shuttle but I know when that plane lands i'll just want to get to Disney!! :P

Elaine

Quote from: "little tinker fairy"So expensive for such a short journey!

Looking into a shuttle but I know when that plane lands i'll just want to get to Disney!! :P

thats the thing though - the TGV is a timetabled service, so you might have to wait a fair while at the train station inside terminal 2 for the TGV, whereas with a pre-booked shuttle they pick you up at your arrival gate exit, and they are usually there waiting for you. Then its straight off to your Disney hotel - at quiet times of the day the road journey takes only 30 minutes.

captain rocket

Absolutely right Elaine, and if you are flying with Easyjet, you don't have that trek from arrivals to the TGV station!

little tinker fairy

Where is the best place to book a shuttle then guys? Last time we got the disney bus there and the TVG back, but like you say it seemed like miles to walk through the airport!

CinderellaSparkle

Wait hang on, there's a train from CDG airport that goes to DLP directly?

little tinker fairy

yeah and it only takes 9 minutes or something!

DLRP Roundup!

The train is indeed rapid and has you at the station at DLP in literal minutes. Having been on the bus, I'd never switch back from the train. Although it can be a little daunting getting one back to CDG with train delays that seem pretty regular.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Elaine

Quote from: "little tinker fairy"Where is the best place to book a shuttle then guys? Last time we got the disney bus there and the TVG back, but like you say it seemed like miles to walk through the airport!

i book a shared shuttle with rstransports - they have never let me down, and out of more than half a dozen trips with them, i've only ever shared a transfer once, despite always paying the shared shuttle price  :) .

little tinker fairy

I think thats what we are going to do Elaine, the train is fast but by the time you walk there and wait on your train etc the shuttle is prob much the same time!

Excited!!