Christmas 2013--Help

Started by grovesie, January 16, 2013, 11:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grovesie

We have booked to visit DLP over XMas this year, Even though this will be our 12th visit, we feel like newbies as we need advice planning XMas day. There will 7 of us inc 2 children

1--What XMas lunches are available and where, what is the best, would like traditional luch if poss.
2--When is the best time to book these?
3--Will XMas and Boxing day be busy in the parks?
4--Apart from the lighting of the XMas tree and Dreams( if still running), will there be any XMas special shows/displays etc

I Know there's still almost a year left but I want to book XMas lunch ASAP before spaces taken. Any other advice would be great. :D

captain rocket

if you look on Kelly-Dylan's trip report for this Christmas there are some fabulous pictures of the Christmas Day dinner at the hotel New York.

Labyrinth

Quote from: "GROVESIE"We have booked to visit DLP over XMas this year, Even though this will be our 12th visit, we feel like newbies as we need advice planning XMas day. There will 7 of us inc 2 children

1--What XMas lunches are available and where, what is the best, would like traditional luch if poss.
4--Apart from the lighting of the XMas tree and Dreams( if still running), will there be any XMas special shows/displays etc

I Know there's still almost a year left but I want to book XMas lunch ASAP before spaces taken. Any other advice would be great. :D
This is just what I have learnt from lurking on the forum but apparently Xmas day is usually very busy!
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

Josh

Quote from: "GROVESIE"4--Apart from the lighting of the XMas tree and Dreams( if still running), will there be any XMas special shows/displays etc
Disney haven't announced anything yet, but it's very unlikely. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "GROVESIE"We have booked to visit DLP over XMas this year, Even though this will be our 12th visit, we feel like newbies as we need advice planning XMas day. There will 7 of us inc 2 children

We did christmas day itself for the first time last year. We booked the christmas day lunch in the Hotel New york and it was fantastic. Have got lots of pics on my trip report.. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14812

As for how busy will it be, MEGA!! All thorought christmas eve-boxing day was manic and queues were big but it's the whole atmosphere that did it for us :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

grovesie

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"

We did christmas day itself for the first time last year. We booked the christmas day lunch in the Hotel New york and it was fantastic. Have got lots of pics on my trip report.. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14812

As for how busy will it be, MEGA!! All thorought christmas eve-boxing day was manic and queues were big but it's the whole atmosphere that did it for us :)

Yes I totally agree, we go for our childrens faces and excitement, just wondered what it would be like. When did you book your Xmas lunch, i don't want to book it too late and be disapointed

kelly.dylan

I booked really early, they said that it usually gets booked up by Oct. I just wanted to have a nice lunch booked. You're there for a good few hours, I'd definately do it again :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

lscooper23

Does anyone know if the Ice Rink was outside Hotel New York last Christmas season?

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "lscooper23"Does anyone know if the Ice Rink was outside Hotel New York last Christmas season?
It was there last Christmas :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

cherrygem

hi i also need help for Christmas 2013!!!
i have never been to Disney land paris or any theme park, im 28 have an 8year old son who i want to take for three nights four days for his bday as a suprise,my partner is not very supportive of the trip as he is TIGHT!!!!!

Because it'll be dec when we're going (departing 11th dec) i was thinking of staying in the disneyland hotel with castle club, for three adults and one eight year old, flights, private transfer, b+b and passes i was quoted €3000 without castle club and because the winter prices for 2013 have not been released yet by disney i was given an estimate for the castle club of €1000 bringing our trip to €4000 without meal vouchers!!!!
 hence passionate debate with my partner!!! i want to go as i think it will be the last "childish" time with my son as my bro informed me my son didnt believe in santa last year so i really want the magical experience so i dont care about the cost even though we are no way near flush, i have planned to sell my car in order to make the trip happen so really i dont see partner's point in complaining when im paying!!!

i was wondering is the castle club worth it? i dont want long cues taking away from the magic especially since its going to be cold, with the vip fast track passes can you just skip the cue and get on the rides or are you just given a time to come back at?
 i personally think my gang wont be able for shuttle buses and cues in the cold but the cc rooms dont look as cool as the other hotel rooms, i want the best for my son
thanks a million in advance!!!!